Reload this Page >

Boston's Best Hotel??

Search

Boston's Best Hotel??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 06:07 AM
Monica

Boston's Best Hotel??

I have been asked to attend a meeting in Boston in the fall and my company will be paying expenses. The meeting is at the Four Seasons, but the hotel is already sold out for my dates.
The adjacent Ritz Carlton is apparently closed for upgrades.
Has anyone been to the new Ritz Carlton on the other side of the Boston Common?

How about the new smaller hotel Fifteen Beacon Street? Expensive from the sound of it, but is it worth it?

Thanks for personal experiences anyone might be able to share.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 07:38 AM
m

The new Ritz Carlton on the other side of the Common looks really great and I'm sure has fabulous accomodations. However, I would stay away from it just by the location - it can get a bit sketchy around there at night. I vote for the Fairmont Copley or even the Westin Copley.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 08:26 AM
MJ

We stayed at Le Meridian very recently and I loved it. Elegant, yet reasonably priced.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 10:20 AM
charles

The new Ritz is fine at night. THe 2 copley hotels aren't in the same league. XV Beacon is probably what you are looking for, however. It is the new favored pied a terre of Arabian Royalty in Boston. Otherwise, you might consider the Boston Harbor Hotel or the Bostonian. Both are on the other side of the Financial district by the harbor and a little farther from the Four seasons.

Most of the hip nightlife places currently are near the new Ritz Calrton, if that matters.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 10:33 AM
Monica

Thanks for the replies.
Tough to choose between the Ritz BC and XV Beacon.
The latter sounds more intriguing, though, (plus they offer free chauffeur service).
I'll post a review afterward.