Reload this Page >

Boston Park Plaza Hotel

Search

Boston Park Plaza Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 12:55 PM
Emily

Boston Park Plaza Hotel

Anyone been to the Boston Park Plaza Hotel lately? I know that it used to be one of the nicer hotels in Boston, however, I received a $79 per nite rate from Priceline.com and am concerned with the accomodations that I will be receiving.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 02:06 PM
Parrot Mom

The hotel is in a great location, close to theatre district, Boston Commons and Boston Garden just to mention a few things....and great restaurants. I know the hotel was redone a few years ago, but that price can't be beat.. Because of the economy tourism is having an effect.. Come to Boston and enjoy the history and the "chowda"..

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 05:11 PM
at

Dump of a hotel. Stayed there last year. Room was old and filthy. I don't think it had been cleaned since 1948, and by the looks of the bedspread and furnishings it hadn't been renovated since then either. Not worth the price you got. Why do you think it was so cheap? Because Park Plaza is gross.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 06:22 PM
Donna

The Park Plaza is a fabulous hotel and it's very well located. Like any hotel on the planet (even the Ritz), the decor in some rooms is a bit "faded" (think GUEST "wear and tear"), but housekeeping is meticulous. If you're really disappointed, a phone call to the front desk (unless they're fully booked and everyone else has already checked in) will render you a nicer room (no matter the rate or how you booked). $79 for a room here (or at ANY nice-to-stay-in hotel in Boston) is positively a steal, and then some. Bookings via Priceline, Hotwire, HotelDiscount, etc., are all-dependent on the anticipated fill rate for your dates. I'm guessing you got VERY lucky. In the alternative, you could have paid $200, $300 or more per night and still have received a room with "less than brand new decor". I would challenge "At" to come up with something better or even comparable at such a ridiculously low rate. On our most recent visit, booked through HotelDiscount CHEAP, our room had no view. We called downstairs and were immediately moved to a room with a view of the Park - a HUGE room with TWO bathrooms. The all matching drapes, bedspreads, upholstery, were, indeed, a bit sun-faded, and the carpets had stains (no doubt from recently departed slobs), but, again, housekeeping was positively meticulous. Hospital clean everywhere. For a room at the Park Plaza at $79/night, I really can't imagine your "concern".

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 07:37 PM
mimi taylor

Because I live in Boston, I have not seen the roomns but it has the only restaurant that offers more than one variety of oysters. The location is fantastic, you can walk to many of the best dining and eating spots, walk across the public gardens, cross charles street into the commons and shop at our famous Filene,s basement. The only place where most of us who like fashion can afford to buy prada, etc. And if your room is not clean, I agree with the other poster , COMPLAIN.