Body/Boogie Board at OBX

Search

Body/Boogie Board at OBX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body/Boogie Board at OBX

We are having our family reunion in June at Corolla and we've rented two homes from Twiddy. We are flying from the west coast and wanted to know if we should bring our boogie boards? How is the boogie boarding at outer banks? We prefer to do carry-on when flying, but boogie boards can be SO MUCH FUN!

Thanks!

keith
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 09:23 AM

With the right weather offshore, waves can certainly be big enought to boogie board. You can likely rent or buy them somewhere in OBX, but I'd be surprised that those rental homes won't have something you can use. I'd ask the rental agency before I'd drag those things on the plane.
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 09:54 AM
emd

Are your boogie board inexpensive foam ones, or do you have the ones w/the reinforced core and slick bottom? Because the inexpensive foam ones will snap on the first few waves. That is what happened to us, then we sprnag for the more $$ ones (like $50-60 apiece) w/reinforced cores.

If you have the better ones, I'd bring them. No reason to spring for the extra $$ to buy them or rent them when you get there (yes, you can easily rent them), unless you just don't want to fiddle w/bringing them.
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 10:11 AM

You know, I never wind up using my boogie board (admittedly a cheap one). Often the Atlantic is a little choppy, and I find that I can body surf better than I can boogie board + I don't have to fight the waves carrying the board on the way back out.

That said...I think most of the beach houses I've ever rented have had cheapies available.
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. We have the good sold core slick bottom ones that we paid about $55 for. I'm going to call the rental agency this weekend.

keith