Reload this Page >

Boat Rental in Key West

Search

Boat Rental in Key West

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:19 PM
Gina

Boat Rental in Key West

Does anyone know if there are small boat rentals or catamarans available to rent in Key West?

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 12:44 AM
George

Yep. Go here: http://fla-keys.com/ , and drill down through. When you get to Key West, pick "boating" from the drop-down menu.

Great web site for all the Keys, incidentlally.

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 04:32 AM
grglnswsh

There are a few but not as many as one might think. The water are hard to navigate because of all of the shallows, currents and tides. There is a company in the Galleon Marina but I forget the name that does have a few boats but you will need to call the resort to get the name and number. What you will find all over the island is waverunner rentals but the companies give you a limited area where you can take them and usually it is within eye site of where you rented them. I think Smathers Beach might have small catamarans for rental but if they do they are treated like waverunners.

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 04:38 AM
grglnswsh

I also want to add that you need to be a very experienced boater to navigate the waters here.

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 06:10 AM
boatingmom

grglnwash is correct. you have to be a very experience boater to navigate the keys. we took our boat down from fll and had not one but 2 people navigating. we have been boating for over 20 years and have both been through the coast guard auxiliary courses...