Blocking Patrick Threads

Search

Blocking Patrick Threads

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blocking Patrick Threads

Have you noticed that Godzilla has taken to blocking the Patrick threads?

Ahh. The power of the password. Suppress dissent. Erase criticism. Throw the miscreants out. Defenestrate the violators.
Flex the editorial muscle. Excommunicate the non believers. Purge all who oppose the party line.

If the objective is really to uphold higher standards for the posters, then I suggest the newly made corporal starting by blocking some of these asinine troll messages and the eternal questions about should I wear my diamonds on the Paris Metro.

Let's see how long this one lasts!

Old Nov 12th, 2005, 10:17 PM

I could not be more surprised with you bob_brown!

Your contributions to this forum have always been so valuable and impressive.

It's not a matter, here, of "higher standards", rather the posting guidelines.

The "asinine troll messages" are easier ignored than personal attacks all over, I think.

If you don't care about whether anyone should wear diamonds on the Paris metro, you can just decline to respond.

It's when folks DO respond and go after otherwise well meaning inquirers (and the person wondering about wearing diamonds on the Paris metro may very well be...). Whereupon others will be discouraged from inquiring and also from contributing thereafter.

Obviously it's easier to determine those criticizing folks for non-perfect (or ridiculous to the seasoned veterans) inquiries rather than those looking for help here who just don't know any better (and may be unmercifully determined to be trolls). You just never know...

To my recollection, you vehemently discourage everyone from bothering with travelers checks, but we were surely relieved to have some with us when neither of our ATM cards worked upon arrival on one of our trips.
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 05:34 AM

What, very recently, has been the single thing here most likely to hurt collegiality?
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 06:49 AM

Can someone tell me why Patrick was banned? Thank you.
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 06:54 AM

Hey Larry ! See " Whining about Wine in Seattle " .
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 07:51 AM

Thank you Faith. So thats it? Glad I'm not into wine/whine. I think I'll go to Traders Joes for some 2 buck Chuck. BTW we are really leaning for taking a FP/Cook islands cruise next summer. The "better half" says yes so dare I say no? LOL! Cheers eh, Larry
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 07:55 AM

Now THAT sounds like good travel !!! Wow .
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 07:59 AM

Thank you. Its not etched in stone yet but its what we have decided on for now. Its an August sailing. Things could change but for now its what we are leaninf towards.
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 08:04 AM
bonniebroad

Hey there Larry ... long time no talkie!!! Our Bears and Panthers are doing pretty good work this season, huh?

BTW, do you think Peter has read any of "our favorite poster's" comments to some people on here? Hmmmmmmmmm...

Old Nov 13th, 2005, 08:05 AM

Considering one of the posters on this thread has been banned from using the AOL forums , I would take some of these comments with a grain of salt.

Old Nov 13th, 2005, 08:46 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I feel like it is part of a psychological experiment... let's see how people react when we... (pull threads, single out contributors, ban posters, etc.)

Reference earliest postings on newly created news and announcements board re dynamics of online communities or somesuch.
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 08:50 AM

Hello Bonnie: Yes our 11,s our doing well this yr. Actually the Bears play here today and its gusting to oh, 30-40 mph. Should make the passes and kicks interesting. As for the other part you'll have to refresh me. My memory is a little "Rusty"
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 09:00 AM

Suggestion to Patrick:

Get a new e-mail address for the express purpose of registering at Fodor's under a different user name, such as Saint Patrick.

Then, avoid whatever you did to get yourself black-balled.

I've always liked reading Patrick's comments, and I can't imagine what the problem is.
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 09:29 AM

Bob, your post almost reads like the current Republican platform. "Suppress dissent. Erase criticism. Throw the miscreants out. Defenestrate the violators. Flex the editorial muscle. Excommunicate the non believers. Purge all who oppose the party line." You should copyright it before the GOP does.

I believe that Patrick will get let back in with his original screen name after a seven day period which I think would be Wednesday IMHO.