Reload this Page >

Blizzard Beach or Typhoon lagoon?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 06:23 AM
Ian

Going to Disney in March, wish to do a water park, which one? Blizzard or Typhoon? Taking 4 children- 7,9,16,18.Or any other advice?Done Wet n Wild and Water Mania. Thanks Ian.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 06:32 AM
Penny

We've done Typhoon Lagoon three times and love it. We always think about Blizzard Beach, but the descriptions of the intense slides put us off. It always seems that Typhoon will offer something for us all. The kids are 15 and 12.

Check out wdwinfo.com and wdwig.com for comments there.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 08:11 AM
Meredith

Here's a vote for Blizzard Beach. I've never been to Typhoon Lagoon, but loved Blizzard Beach both times I have been there. I think only one of the slides would be a little too much for your younger children. The older two will probably love it, though - it is supposedly the highest, longest, steepest, etc. body slide in the world. I don't know if that's true, but it is pretty daunting.

The rest of the rides, though, are pretty mild. There's even a section of the park just for young kids.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 08:43 AM
Joy in VA

Here is another vote for Blizzard Beach. Went there with 6yo & 12 yo. There is a big slide whole family can go down in round boat, Steamboat something? Lots of fun. Also lazy river around park great fun, you go under "melting glacier" and get ice-cold water dripped on you. Have fun!

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 09:54 AM
Ian

Thanks for advice. Still undecided will we do both, on a disney hopper+ or cheaper to get a 4 day hopper and pay seperate to one of the parks( I fancy blizzard kids seem to be influenced to typhoon becaues ther is asection that you can swim with fish).Any ideas. Ian

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 01:02 PM
Susan

I went to Typhoon Lagoon in October and enjoyed very much. It seemed less crowded and less kid intensive which are the reasons I really enjoyed it. I am not much for wild rides so this was the place for me. The lazy river was GREAT!

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 01:24 PM
karen

I've done both water parks with my kids....By all means go to Blizzard Beach. There were some great water slides...by far more thrilling than Typhoon Lagoon. But, Typhoon Lagoon is fun also.

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 07:40 AM
Penny

Where in Typhoon Lagoon can you swim with fish? We were just there in Sept. and don't know about it--or perhaps we did and decided we didn't want to swim with fish.

It's always hard to pick which pass to get. The beauty of just buying the whole shebang is that you can decide to go half a day to Blizzard, say, and then go back another half day if you really like it. In other words, you're not locked into a whole day and only a whole day.

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 05:04 PM
me

I would definetley agree with "Karen's" pst. Blizzard Beach wins hands down if your kids are over the age of eight! Typhoon lagoon has a "swim with sharks" area. My brother was visiting from Ct. and his son desperatly wanted to go to typhoon laggon to do just that and then when he was there he just couldn't do it and in my opinion, the day was a waste. Blizzard Beach (ask a telephone rep from Disney) is the better choice!

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 04:28 AM
Cindy

I've done both, and both are great. I suspect you'd be happiest at Blizzard Beach. The wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon was rougher, which your younger kids might not like. I thought Blizzard Beach had more diversity in terms of offering tame things and wild things. And the family raft ride at Blizzard Beach was excellent. Typhoon Lagoon closes later, though, which might affect your plans. Have fun!