Reload this Page >

Biscuit Palace in New Orleans

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 06:58 AM
Suzanne Conley

Anybody know anything about the Biscuit Palace? We're staying there Easter Weekend.
Also, how busy will N.O. be at that time...just before Jazz Fest and everything?
Thanks!
Suzanne

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 07:28 AM
TW

I have stayed at the B.P. several times over the last few years. Be aware this is hardly a luxury property. It is a very old building, ecclectically decorated with rummage sale antiques, with small bathrooms with inadequate water pressure. That said, the location and price are great. The street side rooms have great balconies overlooking the corner of Dumaine and Bourbon, and the inside rooms face a tranquil courtyard. Housekeeping only consists of having fresh towels delivered to your door each day. Rooms have small fridge.
Can't advise about the crowds, as I have only been there in the fall.

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 08:35 AM
Mark

Stayed there a few years ago and wouldn't go back, even though it was cheap. I couldn't sleep from the noise...a large gay bar is just around the corner. The bar wasn't a problem, but people on the street (going to/from the bars) were. The inn needs a renovation desperately. I did find the owner very nice.

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 10:01 AM
Colleen

The Bisquit was a stop on the "haunted walking tour". The story was that there is a dead baby buried in the wall. The tour host said that sometimes guests hear the baby cry and i think there was another supposed ghost there as well - a woman i believe. We did notice the gay bar on the corner but it didn't seem to be a real loud area. I thought it would be a great location but I would worry about the place's ammenities, it did look pretty run down. The balcony would be a real cool place to hang out, but I didnt see anyone there when we took the tour.

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 11:08 AM
Meg

I live about two blocks up Dumaine from the Biscuit Palace - have always loved the old sign on the side of the building but have never been inside of it. The intersection there can be a bit loud at night - especially on hoiday week-ends. The only big event I know of that is planned for Easter is the Easter Parade which is a showcase of Easter bonnets sported by Quarter characters and drag queens. The winner of the Easter bonnet contest actually had live baby chicks in the hat! The Clover Grill right across the street has the best omelets and waffles and is open 24 hours.

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 05:04 AM
NeedMoreResponses

tothetop!

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 10:16 AM
Suzanne

Hey...Suzanne here. Thanks for all your info, everybody! Well, seeing that I'm a pretty simple girl, I think it sounds fine for a weekeend, right? It was the balcony that sold me in the first place...and a ghost or two...what a bonus! I hope the noise isn't too bad, but it's gotta be better than the 3AM gunshots we used to hear outside my boyfriend's old place in Chicago!
Thanks again!