Birmingham airport lines

Oct 12th, 2001, 04:11 AM
Debra

Birmingham airport lines

Any have current experience with security lines at Birmingham airport? Is 2 hours early too much, not enough? Thanks

Oct 12th, 2001, 06:59 AM
xxx

You know this is a really stupid question that people keep asking. If an extra hour check-in time is beyond your comprehension...or your time is so damn valuable..don't fly! It's that simple. Oh and by the way..if someone from here tells you that you don't need to check-in early and you miss your flight because of that...are we going to hear your whining about it here?

Oct 12th, 2001, 07:13 AM
Ang

Sorry Debra that you have to be subjected to rude people such as X. I have personally not been in the Birmingham airport so cannot comment on their lines, but I have been in several others since the attack and yes it does differ with smaller airports taking less time. (for instance Lousiville, KY and Nashville, TN took only 1 hour for security and check in and I was flying on sunday afternoons which is peak time) My advice is call either that airport or the local airport number for the airline you are flying. When it took me and hour in louisville the person on the phome was right on telling me to be there 1 1/2 hours before flight (1 hour for check in, time to stop for a drink and still at the boarding gate 20 min. before departure to board)

Oct 12th, 2001, 07:17 AM
Debra

Thanks so much Ang for your reply. The reason I ask is I have a 6:45 a.m. flight, and live 1+ hour away from the airport, so 2+ hours vs. 1 hour for security makes a BIG difference to me. I'll be happy to be there for any checks they need to make, just wondered if it's worth my time to even try to sleep the night before! Thanks again for your kind and civil reply, Ang.

Oct 12th, 2001, 07:21 AM
Sharon

Debra? Have you considered staying in a hotel near the airport the night before your trip? May be a more relaxing way to begin your trip and get some sleep too! Have fun!

Oct 12th, 2001, 08:23 AM
T.M.

Debra:

I dropped my parents off at the Atlanta airport at 6:45 a.m. for a 9:30 a.m. flight this morning. It wasn't busy at all.

My sister called me at 7:30 a.m. to say they had called to tell her they were checked in and had gone through security.

While it's not B'ham, it might give you some idea of what's happening out there.
Two hours might do the trick.
Happy trails...