Reload this Page >

Big Island Resorts Children's Programs

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 09:34 PM
maw

Looking for your experiences with the children's programs at the Hilton Waikoloa, the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Mauna Lani Hotel, Outrigger Waikoloa (children's programs recently began there).
Thanks!
maw

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 01:26 PM
maw

Anybody? Okay, okay I'm trying to be patient, hopefully some folks are over there right now!

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 06:40 AM
larry

If you are considering children's programs on the Big Island, don't overlook the Four Seasons. I realize that they are pricier than some of the other places you are looking at, but how often do you go to Hawaii? I believe that the extra expense would be justified. When I stayed there last June, none of the children (there were many) looked bored and none of the adults complained that the children were too noisy. There is an extensive program for kids, with an excellent rec room, with all kinds of games. The main free form pool (never deeper than 4ft) was popular with older kids and there was a smaller pool with its own beach for toddlers (adults had the option of an adults only pool). An added bonus is the fact that the beach area is a popular spot for sea turtles (there is a do not disturb the turtles sign prominently posted). The day I arrived, I spoted two enormous green sea turtles catching some sun on the beach.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 02:30 PM
maw

Thanks Larry!
I've heard wonderful things about Four Seasons but I think the rest of the family would drop dead at the rates and they don't offer many "deals" like some of the other resorts? Looks like a fabulous place tho--sigh........

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 03:42 PM
kam

Our children grew up with the Mauna Kea program--even to the point that young teens can have dinner with others at the golf shop rather than dressing and dining with Mom and Dad. Great program, but when my kids were little it didn't run year round. Mauna Kea can also supply wonderful babysitters from local women during the day or evening hours. Just ask and they can do.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 08:21 PM
maw

Thanks kam! So Mauna Kea is welcoming to families? Not too stuffy? Also--is it fairly easy to go back and forth to Hapuna since Hapuna's pool is supposedly "better"? Mauna Kea's beach looks fabulous.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 07:50 PM
XXX

My 2 kids were totally bored at the Four Seasons. There were lots of couples who were obviously there for a romantic getaway. It is just not a suitable place for kids. Go somewhere more family oriented.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 10:15 AM
maw

Thanks xxx--it wasn't really on our list, would love to stay there sometime with no kids that is for sure! Have you been elsewhere that the kids loved?