Reload this Page >

Big Island/Kauai B&Bs??

Search

Big Island/Kauai B&Bs??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 07:43 AM
Curious

Big Island/Kauai B&Bs??

My husband and I went to Maui last June and stayed at the Plantation Inn and had a great time! The place was friendly, neat, clean and very well managed. We are going to the Big Island and Kauai next year and was wondering if anyone could recommend similar B&Bs on those islands? Thanks in advance for your help.

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 08:31 AM
kwl

I can not recommend any B&B's, but can give you a little head start - Gloria's Spouting something or other on Kauai. When I was doing honeymoon research for our trip to Kauai, this came up quite often. We have decided to stay at a resort, so that is why I can't offer a recommendation, but take a look. I think fodors has their web address listed.

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 08:52 AM
Lani

Stay at Kilauea Lodge at the edge of Volcanoes Nat'l. Park, and ask for one of the rooms in the new building. They are beautiful, and the restaurant there is excellent. About $125 night/including breakfast. Now if you're going to be on the Big Island for more than three days, I think you'll want to also find a place on the Kona/Kohala Coast for a few nights. On Kauai, you can't do better than Gloria's Spouting Horn - it's glorious but expensive! At least $200/night last time I checked but I've never heard anyone say one word against the place - rave reviews!!!

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 05:47 PM
linda fromNJ

On my honeymoon and first anniversary stayed at Gloria's Spouting Horn Bed and Breakfast in Kauai. It is wonderful!! You are right on the water and hear the waves crashing at night.
On the big island I stayed at Kona Village an unusual resort where you have your own little house. Also stayed at Carsons Volcano Lodge near Volcanos National Park, There is another B & B I stayed at called the Holouhaloa B & B. It is on th hills overlooking Kona. It is breathtaking. You have to drive down to Kona but the B&B has its own pool, rooms are nice and the breakfasts are good. If you take a tour around the entire island there is a B & B by Waipio Valley (a great place to see) called the Wayside Bed and Breakfast. This is also quite nice. Have fun.

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 03:09 AM
anne

Hope you enjoy the visit to the big island and kauai. Ate (didn't stay) at the Kilauea Lodge and enjoyed it a lot. The rooms looked very nice but we couldn't get in - you need to book well ahead as I think it's got 14 rooms. The previous poster is right - the Holualoa (correct spelling) Inn is fabulous. Stay in the Hyacinth room if you want a great view over the ocean at night. There's a coffee plantation owned by a different part of the same family that runs the inn (www.hkc.com) and the inn serves the genuine kona coffee (not the kona blend) for breakfast.

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 12:29 PM
Roy

Look on big island page and somewhere i saw a B&B association has a web site and all B&Bs are listed with web sites locations and prices,and cand contact on the web.I had the site,but it went with all my aol stuff to the big hole in the sky.
Roy