Reload this Page >

Between Pittsburg & DC?

Search

Between Pittsburg & DC?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 04:40 PM
mason

Between Pittsburg & DC?

Anyone recommend an interesting place midway between Pittsburg & DC to spend one (maybe two) nights? Will be traveling in the spring.

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 05:36 PM
Geoff

They're both not directly on the route, but if you have kids, Hershey PA. If not Gettysburg.

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 07:43 PM
teresa

We traveled that same route last summer and stayed 2 nights in Pennsylvania Dutch Country (Lancaster County). We also made a detour through Hershey (our kids loved the tour through the chocolate factory). Next time I'd probably include a day and night in Gettysburg if time allowed. I suppose it all depends on whether you're traveling with children and their ages. By the way, we stayed 4 nights in D.C. (traveling with 10 and 7 year olds) and that wasn't nearly enough time--what a fabulous city for any age.

Old Feb 8th, 2000, 11:07 AM
mwg

Frederick Maryland is a very charming small city, with nice architecture and antique shops. If you're Civil War oriented, it's near the Antietam battlefield.

Old Feb 8th, 2000, 11:46 PM
Polly

Though not a place to stay, a definite place to see is the Frank Lloyd Wright designed house, Falling Water located just East of Uniontown on State Route 381