Reload this Page >

Best X-MAS Inn/Vermont

Search

Best X-MAS Inn/Vermont

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2000, 02:09 PM
Angela

Best X-MAS Inn/Vermont

My mom and sister are coming to Boston to spend Christmas week with me and my husband. It's always been a dream of my mom's to spend a couple of nights in a cute Vermont town, in a beautiful Inn all decorated for X-MAs. Any suggestions? We're thinking of a 2 night trip mid-week after X-Mas.

Old Oct 11th, 2000, 03:04 PM
Penny

Woodstock Vermont is the place. You might have trouble getting a room as it is prime school out and ski season. There are a few B&B,plus the Woodstock Inn.

Old Oct 11th, 2000, 03:07 PM
cj

Try Sugarbush -- you can either stay at the Inn, or in one of many Condos there. I think they also have a fitness center and, of course, great skiing. We went to a college reunion there and it was lovely -- great breakfasts!
The Montpelier area is also very pretty.
Good luck!

Old Oct 11th, 2000, 04:02 PM
betsy

Both suggestions above are great. The Woodstock Inn is beautiful. Never been to the Inn @ Sugarbush, but have heard good things about it. Another suggestion would be to look in Stowe-The Green Mountain Inn in the village center is lovely. For Stowe info try www.stowe.com or www.gostowe.com
For Sugarbush www.sugarbush.com
I believe the Woodstock Inn's website is www.woodstockinn.com
Another place to check would be Manchester. The Equinox Hotel and the Manchester Inn are also very nice. Have fun!

Old Oct 12th, 2000, 05:04 AM
Lori

Try the Village Country Inn in Manchester. This inn is beautiful year round. It is listed on the National Historic Register. The restaurant is really good too!

Old Oct 12th, 2000, 06:37 AM
suzy

We just got back from Woodstock and stayed at the Kendron Valley Inn.
Very nice and more reasonable than the Woodstock Inn.

Old Oct 12th, 2000, 04:04 PM
charles

All of the above are good recommendations. That said, I would strongly recommend Woodstock - and its also the most convenient to Boston. Stowe would be the second choice. WOodstock Inn, despite the name, is very large. I have stayed in the Jackson House Inn, and enjoyed it. In Manchester, I've stayed in the Reluctant Panther, and the 1812 Inn, and would also recommend both. I have not stayed at the Green Moountain Inn in Stowe, but it looks nice from the outside.

Old Oct 13th, 2000, 04:14 AM
Tom

Does it have to be Vermont? The Bedford Village Inn in Bedford, New Hampshire, is a wonderful place and incredibly beautiful at Christmas; in the event of inclement weather, it would be easy to get to from Boston. And depending on what else you want to do, it's a pretty good jumping off point for Portsmouth and points north.