Reload this Page >

Best Western President Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 08:25 PM
Katy

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western President Hotel in NYC? I found a good rate for this weekend and just want to make sure it is a clean, comfortable hotel. I'm not worried about all the extra frills. Thanks to anyone who has input.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 03:14 AM
rmt

If this is the Best western off Broadway then DO NOT GO THERE. It is really awful. Rooms tiny, grubby and grotty bathroom. Indifferent staff and dodgy street.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 03:19 AM
ruth

If this is rhe Best western off Times Square then do not bother. Small grotty, dingy rooms, scary bathroom, noisy,dodgy street and indifferent staff.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 03:37 AM
John

Ruth/rmt: what is a GROTTY bathroom? I assume it's not good, but I'm unfamiliar with this word.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 03:43 AM
ruth

by grotty I mean dirty and unhygenic.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 07:45 AM
bubba

I totally disagree w/ the posters above. Granted, it's been almost 2 yrs. since my wife and I stayed there but we witnessed none of the above. The room we had was very small. However, the hotel and room were very clean, safe and not to mention the great location! I've been to NY on several occcasion and even had a suite at the Parker Meridian and would say that most of the rooms (at least the ones I've seen) are all on the small side. I guess I like the President Hotel because we got it for approx. $90 a night and spent most of our time sight seeing.