Best Western Key Bridge

Search

Best Western Key Bridge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Western Key Bridge

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Key Bridge (Arlington). seems like a convenient location for a DC trip. Right by metro stop. Free parking. Rate was fairly reasonable. Tryng to save on hotel cost and couldn't find much under $140 once I factored in parking cost. Have looked at MANY hotels in DC but they are too expensive.
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 07:12 AM

Amos, have not stayed at the Key Bridge but have been in that area. It is mostly business district so if you are looking for nightlife or family stuff to do, I wouldn't stay there. You don't mention how many in your party but if you are looking for a regular size room (not a suite) you can find some great rates for under $140 including parking. Radisson Barcelo has a $99.00 special right now (parking about $20) and they are in a great area, Dupont Circle right by the metro. If you want to experience the city, you can definitely do it for under $140.00 if you don't need a suite. There are others that even include breakfast.
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 10:32 AM

You can get a room in a better location on Priceline for nearly 2/3 less than what you're paying. Try a bid of $55 in the Dupont Circle/Woodley Park at 3 stars. You'll probably get either the Churchill or the Hilton Embassy Row.
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

My dilemma is that there are 4 of us and priceline only guarantees that you get a room that sleeps 2. they say you can call the hotel and see if they will work with you. However, since we will be travelling during a busy week---spring break for many schools I don't want to chance it. Thanks for the suggestion though! I appreciate it.
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Original Poster

Jasmo,
Checked out your suggestions, but I am travelling during a peak tourist season so rates are higher. Barcelo gave me a rate of $159 a night and $23 per day for parking. There are 4 of us so we do need 2 beds or a suite. I think I just have to bite the bullet and pay the bill! Argh!Thanks for taking the time to respond, and I will reconsider staying in the area since it doesn't sound too interesting.
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 08:47 PM

Amos, sorry that I can't speak to the Best Western Key Bridge in particular, but in fact the area is a good choice if you want to save some money on a DC visit while still being very close. It's true that Rosslyn itself isn't a place that's hopping with nightlife, but there are some good restaurants for families--Tom Sarris' Orleans House, for instance with fun New Orleans decor, and moderately priced steak and prime rib dinners which include a huge salad bar. There's also a reasonably priced restaurant on top of the Holiday Inn Key Bridge (another hotel you might investigate) which I think is open for 3 meals a day and has an excellent panoramic view of the river and Washington's monuments. And then there's Red, Hot and Blue for great barbecue. I have stayed at the Quality Inn Iwo Jima, also in Rosslyn, and found it quite acceptable especially at the bargain prices (but I would ask for the newer section.) It's a longer hike from the Metro than the Holiday Inn and Best Western, but quite walkable. Remember that in Rosslyn you are only one Metro stop (less than five minutes) from the very active West End/Foggy Bottom area of DC and the heart of Georgetown is only few minutes scenic walk over the Key Bridge. If value pricing is important, Rosslyn is an excellent choice, and I wouldn't be discouraged from taking advantage of it.
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 10:40 PM

Rosslyn is an excellent close-in location, and the Key Bridge connects it with D.C. In fact, you can walk over the bridge (which residents do regularly) to Georgetown. Although it is mainly a business district, the Metro is one stop from DC and therefore very convenient. I would have no second thoughts about staying in that location, although I am not familiar with the hotel.
Old Jan 25th, 2004, 01:15 PM

I've walked past the BW too -- and have stayed at the QI. The BW looked ok from the street. I go along with the other comments that while there's no great nightlife, Rosslyn area is a good deal for lodging while not being too far from downtown.
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all! I really appreciate the helpful feedback.