Best website for booking Disneyland hotel?

Old Mar 22nd, 2009, 03:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best website for booking Disneyland hotel?

Anybody have suggestions?
Old Mar 22nd, 2009, 04:48 PM

I don't know -- perhaps the hotel's own website? To me, that is always the best unless another website happened to have some incredible deal the hotel itself wouldn't match.
Old Mar 22nd, 2009, 06:53 PM

I have stayed at both the Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian... have always had the Disney website up and then called the property directly so I can ask questions. The Disneyland Hotel has been completely renovated since I was last there and they have and have always had three separate towers. I'm not sure what the pros and cons are of any of the buildings but I would ask. Also, check mousesavers.com for tips about all things disney. Good luck!
Old Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:02 PM

Aer you looking to stay AT the Disneyland Hotel or at "A" Disneyland hotel? If it is the Disneyland Hotel I would try AAA, or the hotel directly. I have annual passes so have only stayed there with a discount associated with that. The hotel has been redone since I was there as well. The Grand California is really lovely. Stayed there for my 40th Birthday.
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for previous replies.

This would be a hotel in the vicinity of Disneyland.
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 03:18 PM

Mari808 - I have had good luck with Priceline in that area. I am staying at a Doubletree in a few weeks that I got for 50.00 - it has a free shuttle to and from Disneyland.

I have stayed right across from Disneyland at the Fairfield Inn. It was definately just "okay". A little musty and loud.

Have stayed at Grand California - loved it. Disney hotel was great as well - also Paradise Peir which was just fine too. Stayed at the Marriott right across the way - very nice.

What is your budget? How many nights? When? How many people? Are you from around the area? The streets are jammed with all sorts of hotels...
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 04:13 PM

Hi, this is actually for me. I'm planning a trip to Disneyland with our 3 yr old and 6 mo old for 7 nights and am debating on which hotel/car rental to go with. Regarding hotels, we plan on staying at a (nice- hubby is picky!)nearby hotel like Embassy Suites South, Candy Cane Inn, Homewood Suites or Double Tree...any suggestions regarding those? I like that some provide breakfast/meals. If we did stay at Candy Cane Inn and Double Tree, are they really close enough to walk? Someone said that they would still prefer to catch the shuttle sine even a nearby hotel is really a long walk with small kids. I'm glad someone mentioned Priceline..I will check it out. I've been hesitant to use those discount online sites and have been going directly to the hotel. Thanks for your input!
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 04:30 PM

I am staying at the Double Tree and it was 50.00 a night - there is a shuttle - it is over 2 miles away from Disneyland though... I was not thrilled about that but it is what it is. For 50.00 a night I won't complain - it is for dd's 12th birthday with 2 of her friends.

I would not recommend Candy Cane Inn - Embassy Suites is always nice with children due to the breakfast and the extra space with the kids...
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 02:11 AM

$50 is incredible! I do like that about Embassy and Homewood. Have you heard anything about Homewood Suites? Its a little cheaper, although, I think I'm comparing it to a 2 bedroom suite at Embassy versus a 1 bedroom at Homewood, has some additional free meals and has free parking. Thanks so much for the info!!!
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 04:12 AM

call your AAA office. We are going to Disneyworld in October and I looked at the prices on the official Disneyworld website and then i called AAA and they saved us 130 a night. I know the 2 places are different, but it's worth it to check.
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 07:45 AM

Free parking is GREAT. We just stayed at the Hyatt in Newport Beach off of Priceline - the room was 64.00 - but the parking was 27.00 a night. Yikes.
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 08:46 AM

We stayed at the HoJos - no breakfast and we didn't mind the walk. Got a good rate from the Mousesavers.com site. Check it out before you go - lots of good moneysaving tips.
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 10:15 AM
JJ5

When I booked the last trip for my DD's family's June 2009 trip to DisneyWorld, I did it using Mousesavers' (uhrl bennnie posted in the last post)advice. That was to go to the DisneyWorld Site and go in through the back door of their own website through the "special prices" or Specials section. That brought up an entire "buy 4 days, get three days free" at Disney. Then she sat next to me and customized her package because she wanted some meals and shows etc. and knew it and she also wanted the park hopper feature to the tickets' purchases.

The combo booking is IT with Disney, it is. If you do it piecemeal you are almost assuredly paying way, way more than you need to pay.

When she did it straight, calling the hotels (Port Orleans or Coronado Springs)of her choice direct- she got way, way higher pricing and combinations of choices.

If you want to stay anywhere on Disney property or Disney owned, do not do it piecemeal. Buy specials and combination packages for what you want that include tickets.

If you are staying outside of Disney property that's another whole ball of wax, but I am sure that calling the property direct is NOT the best way of booking a DisneyWorld property hotel.

My daughter actually printed out the computer- 2 or 3 page reservation and then called to ask questions. She made some show reservations (no more than 90 days ahead) on the telephone- but every other feature to reservation and confirmation by number and price was done best of all online.

They originally wanted only 3 days in Disney- but with the deal that they got- they have Port Orleans- 7 days lodging, 5 days of park hoppers (they are going to SeaWorld)about 21 meals, one day of waterpark pass- and several special free shows- for about $1000 less than the original cost for just the room and 5 regular single park entry tickets.

There's a WHOLE lot to know about Disney. Birthdays are free and much else is different now. Read their own site and mousesavers, know what level and location you want before you start.
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 10:19 AM

We are taking dd there for her birthday this Friday. We have annual passes - but they give you the amount of the admissions in gifts etc so it should make for a nice evening for her.