Reload this Page >

Best way to extend WDW reservations?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 02:53 PM
Lori

I have reservations for three nights at Beach Club Villa in December because at the time of booking, a fourth night was not available. The CRO agent said to call back on a periodic basis to see if a fourth night opens up. I asked if I could call BCV directly and he said that was not possible. What is the most hopeful route to securing a fourth night without changing rooms? Thank you very much for your help.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 05:51 PM
Alan

Hi, Lori!
I am unclear about why your agents said that calling direct was "not possible"... does he mean that it is physically impossible, as they don't have a telephone, etc? Or does he mean that he doesn't want you to call because there's nothing in it for him? I think if this were me I would be asking BCV if they could help, despite your agent... but I would certainly be upfront and tell the agent that you plan to do this. What do you have to lose?

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 01:41 AM
tweedy

Lori,

I would ask the travel agent to take care of it, or change travel agents or call the hotel directly. After all it's your vacation and it's the travel agent's job to meet your vacation requirements.

Have a great time I love Disneyworld.

tweedy

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 02:50 AM
Direct

Call the BCV directly (of course it's possible!) but don't focus on the issue of not having to change rooms. The way the BCV assigns space may mean that if you insist on keeping your room (or type of room or level of service), you'll be shut out, while if you ask for "any" room, you may find space. By the time you get there in Dec., the odds are good that there will have been changes in what has sold out and what hasn't. So do keep trying (your CRO agent knows you want the change so you should HAVE to keep calling him -- it should be on his pending list in his face!).

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 02:51 AM
Direct

Make that: "you SHOULDN'T HAVE to keep calling...."

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 04:03 AM
Lori

Thank you Alan, Tweedy, and Direct for your helpful suggestions to my reservation problem. I, too, thought the agent should have a pending file or that I should be able to call BCV directly. It's a much better feeling to be able to take action than to be at the mercy of others. Thanks again.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 05:40 AM
suzi

I don't know when you plan your visit in December but about 1 week before Christmas "peak" season begins and it is more difficult (and expensive) to obtain a room. The reason central reservations asked that you to call back peroidically is simple--if someone cancels their reservation that vacancy will be filled on a first come basis. Room reservations at Disney are all done by computer and the computers are networked.
If you don't have your heart set on BCV the central reservations office might be able to book the 4 nights you wanty at a similiar resort.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 05:53 AM
Nikki

There's a little confusion in the previous replies. If I understand the original post, the CRO agent is not Lori's travel agent, he is just a person answering the phone at the central reservations office at Disney World. All the room reservations go through this office. While it may be possible to call the hotel directly, it is also a good idea to keep calling CRO, where reservations are constantly being cancelled and changed.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 02:15 PM
Tutter

Lori, take the time to go to this site
http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/

This is a site called Your Magical Journeys. They are travel agents (who charge nothing) & are Disney experts. They will watch your reservation & when the prices change they will make sure you get the best price. They will also watch & make sure you get all your dates that you want. Let them make all the calls & deal with the CRO's.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Gail

We have used www.dreamsunlimited.com
They also specialize in WDW and keep watching for discount codes.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 05:02 PM
Lori

Thank you to everyone who took the time to help me with their response. I truly appreciate it. This is the first time I have heard of the site called "Your Magical Journeys". I'm off to explore now. Thanks again to all. Lori

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 07:26 AM
Eric

BCV is a Disney Vacation Club resort and early December is a popular time for DVC members to visit their resorts. This probably has limited the amount of rooms to rent out for that timeframe. If I were you I would consider a reservation at the Beach or Yacht Club if you like the location.

Good luck