Reload this Page >

Best Vacation for two in Florida

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 08:26 AM
Kelly Bratich

My Boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Florida in early September and we would like some recommendations on where to go. We have already been to Orlando and Disney, and to most of the beaches on the east coast of Floriday. We like to be constantly busy, lay in the sun (not all day), and go out at night. Any suggestions???????

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 10:36 AM
Larry

Kelly:
Have you been to the Keys? If not, a few days in the middle/upper Keys and a few in Key West makes a great vacation. Also, you might check into the Tampa/St. Pete area- lots of nightlife and things to do during the day in addition to the beach.

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 11:09 AM
Kristi

In Kew West, I cannot say enough about the Marquesa. A "small luxury hotel" with a tropical courtyard, two pools, no kids, a great restaurant, and excellent service.

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 11:12 AM
Anne

Key West, definitely. Try Lazy Lane Cottages--we got a 1 bedroom apartment with a private 2/3-person hottub for $700 for the week. One drawback--no pool, which can be a draw back, as there really aren't any great beaches on Key West.

Lots of fun, plenty to do, or not do, good fun, plenty of different bars and clubs for a variety of nightlife, great weather, and mellow atmosphere.

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 12:32 PM
susan

Key West!! There's no place like it.

Old Aug 5th, 2000, 06:11 AM
BobbyC

As a former resident of SE Florida, I believe that the Keys are very overrated. You will not find any beaches to speak of near Key West. As far as the city itself goes, one day is more than ample to see everything.

For nightlife, you cannot beat Miami and there are some pretty decent beaches nearby. Ft. Lauderdale is another pretty decent area that will give you good beaches as well as some nightlife.