Reload this Page >

Best Translantic Business Class?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 01:51 AM
duc

What is the best Transatlanctic Business class in terms of, Seat comfort, food & Drink, Entertainement, Amenity Kit, service and Frequent Flyer Program?

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 04:10 AM
c

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 06:03 AM
joe

Continental!

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 06:11 AM
Barry

Virgin Atlantic!!!
Virgin Atlantic!!!
They're even discussing putting bunk beds in first class with curtains for complete seclusion.

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 06:55 AM
Duc

I thought More Fodors readers traveled in Business class or First than readers of other travel guides.

Perhaps i was wrong...

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 11:09 AM
Lori

Are you saying that you're disappointed that you got so few responses to your question? If I had bothered to take my time to respond to your question (as Joe and Barry did), I'd be feeling just a tad put out right now. It seems a little rude to taunt people because they aren't the well-heeled transatlantic businessmen you were hoping to find here.

That being said, just because there hasn't been a flurry of responses to the post doesn't mean that more people won't respond. Perhaps those frequent fliers are conducting business right now, seeing as it's Monday. Also, posting on the European forum might get a more bountiful response.

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 11:23 AM
Harv

To duc:
Having followed these forums for a couple of years my assessment is that most readers are not big budget travellers. Not many Ritz Carlton and first class air types overall. A few, yes, but probably less than 10% of all posters.
I've also learned that people are VERY sensitive about these issues here. Many posters will openly criticize those who choose to travel in luxury.
My guess is that people who travel at the high end of the budgetary continuum probably don't research things that are frequently discussed here. More likely to pick a destination and book the best hotel and restaurant combo they can find, and that's not usually too hard to figure out.
Another thing: if you want info on transatlantic flights, check the European forum. I know there are more posters there who have opinions about this.