Reload this Page >

Best Sunday Brunch Buffet?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 07:40 PM
Harv

Looking forward to a big-splurge week in NYC. I have reservations for a tower room at Le Parker Meridien, and ticket for "The Producers". Now all I need is the best Sunday brunch buffet in New York. I have heard the Peacock Room at the Waldorf is good. But would like suggestions from you well-seasoned travelers.
Thanks. Harv.

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 10:51 PM
Andy

It's not a brunch buffet, but Sunday Brunch/Lunch at Tavern on the Green is romantic and beautiful--can make reservations by fax--you will love it.How'd ya get tkts to the Producers?!

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 12:30 PM
VirginiaK

If you want to bother--Time Out New York, which has a website, recnetly did a great feature on brunch buffets. The peacock room was included, along with several other places that sounded great.
Though I haven't yet tried the bruhnch, among those listed was a favorite place of mine, Aquavit.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 12:47 PM
Ess

The best Sunday brunch I ever had was at the UN Plaza Hotel, I think it's the Ambassador Grill. What a great brunch that was, pates, salmon, raw bar, hot foods, wonderful desserts, good wines. Very attentive staff. It was a while ago so I'm not sure if they still do it, and I was someone else's guest so I don't know the price. Expensive, I'm sure. I don't usually go for all you can eat buffets, for various reasons, but this one was special!

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 04:35 PM
Caitlin

I have not been to the buffet brunch at Peacock Alley at the Waldorf, but it has been highly recommended to me. It is certainly the most expensive, but is apparently incredibly lavish and inclused unlimited and quite decent champagne. I'm not familiar with the UN brunch. Of the Plaza, Cafe Botanica at the Essex House, Rainbow Room and the Rhiga Royal, I think the Plaza has the best food and selection and Cafe Botanica the nicest setting. The Rhigas was my least favorite of these on all counts. All are about equivalent in price, but Cafe Botanica is a buffet for appetizers and desserts only, with a choice of entree.

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 07:37 PM
Amy

The Peacock Alley is closed for the summer.