Reload this Page >

Best restaurants in Napa Valley?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2000, 03:39 PM
Sue

What restaurants would you recommend in Napa Valley?

Old Aug 13th, 2000, 04:39 PM
margie

i really like the culinary institute @ graystone castle. definitely get reservations (or wait; they do accomodate walk-ins). really good food in a funky kinda casual atmosphere.

Old Aug 13th, 2000, 06:31 PM
Anthony

One of my favorites is Mustards Grill

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 02:05 PM
kam

Bistro Jeanty and Tra Vigne are both good. If you like casual, good Mexican, the Red Hen Cantina on Hwy 29 just before Yountville has great huevos rancheros.

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 02:43 PM
Kal

Sue, The Rutherford Grill is one of our favorites.

In Yountville, The Diner.
Kal

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 06:11 PM
steve

Terra in St Helena is superb!

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 06:28 PM
Candis

Mustards Grill has a porkchop that is the tastiest I've ever eaten... We go there every time we are in Napa.

Old Aug 22nd, 2000, 07:09 AM
Dick

Did you know that the owners of the highly rated( and expensive) French Laundry opened a Small french bistro..called Bouchon in Yountville
Restaurant...food and wines are excellent...and its significantly less expensive than the French Laundry..but reservations are must

Old Aug 22nd, 2000, 10:34 AM
JB

I second the recommendation for Tra Vigne (my husband still gets a faraway look in his eyes when he thinks of their hazelnut creme brulee), and also they have a much more casual pizza and pasta place around the corner that's also very good for lunch.

Best,
JB

Old Aug 22nd, 2000, 01:55 PM
Janice

Try a burger and fries at Nation's Giant Hamburgers in Napa. Certainly not gourmet dining in a romantic atmosphere but a damn good hamburger and fries. Take it back to your accommodations and "get messy with it".

Old Aug 22nd, 2000, 03:18 PM
kam

Another thought: Domaine Chandon has a lovely restaurant with French food and you can order their sparkling wine by the glass to go with different courses. Delightful for lunch. And, yes, the Diner in Yountville--a Napa institution! Three in Calistoga are Catahoula,a California/southern Louisiana place with great food,the Calistoga Inn Restaurant for dinner on the patio, basic stuff like steaks, and the Wappo Bar Bistro for a pretty patio and very eclectic menu.

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 07:54 AM
Diane

Breakfast or lunch at the Diner in Yountville.

Old Aug 29th, 2000, 08:55 PM
Mary

message: Ditto to the Domaine Chandon. We ate there on Sunday noon in October. Sat outside. Beautiful grounds. Like an estate, wonderful service. Felt like I was at an estate in the French Countryside. Enjoy!!!!!!!!! Mary

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 06:31 AM
topper