Notices

Best restaurant s on Maui?

Old Apr 20th, 1999, 07:44 AM
Marty

Best restaurant s on Maui?

Where have you eaten? What were your favorites? What about price?

Old Apr 20th, 1999, 11:06 AM
Serena

Lahaina Coolers - in Lahaina, off the main drag, on one of the side streets. The street name escapes me. We ate there twice - once for dinner - fabulous, and once for breakfast - the best banana pancakes I ever had. Small place, some outside seating, a small bar, and very reasonable prices for Hawaii. It doesn't have the water view that you may be looking for, but try it at least for lunch - you'll be glad you did!

Old Apr 20th, 1999, 03:57 PM
Mark

Roy's - is my favorite. North of Kaanapali, in a strip center with a McDonalds. Two Roy's next door to each other, each with differnet foods---both are GREAT.

Old Apr 20th, 1999, 05:43 PM
Bart

I feel that Roy's is better than Nicolina's(next door). Roy's(80-100 for 2) is a definate.
The Plantation House in Kapalua is excellent also.(75-90)
Sam Choy's in Lahaina(60-80)
In Lahaina skip Longhis, Avalon and David Pauls. All overated.
The HaileMaile General Store is IMHO the best of all. (80-100)
For a break try Cheeseburger in Paradise in Lahaina.(25-40)
Hope this helps.

Bart

Old Apr 27th, 1999, 07:41 AM
Leslie

Upcountry in Makawao, Casanova's has great italian (about $50 for 2) and in Paia, Jacques Bistro was terrific and the least expensive place for fresh fish. Catch of the day (which was ahi, salmon or swordfish on the night we were there) was $12.95. The pasta dishes were large enough for 2 to split.

Old Apr 27th, 1999, 03:36 PM
Anne

Roy's is excellent and my husband's favorite meal on the entire trip. We also liked Pacific O's, Kimo's, Hula Grill and Avalon. Great burgers and sunset view at Cheesburger in Paradise.