Best restaurant Orlando

Nov 11th, 2003, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

Best restaurant Orlando

I want to surprise my husband with the best dining experience Orlando has to offer. So far, the best meal we have had there was at the Delfino Riveria in the Portofino Bay Hotel. Price is no option. Location is not a problem. We eat all kinds of food, but prefer high end presentation while splurging on business. thanks!
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:48 AM

I used to eat at a restaurant named Lee's Lakeside on East Central Boulevard in Orlando when I owned a condo in Winter Park. I haven't been there in a few years so I don't know if it's changed. However, it was a restaurant with a casual yet elegant ambience and the food was very good. An extra added bonus was the view of the fountain in Lake Eola. At night the lights made it appear multicolored. There was also live piano music. Another recommendation is Victoria & Albert's in The Grand Floridian. Or, take a ride to Winter Park and try Chez Vincent or Park Plaza Gardens. It's a lovely little town and a nice, quick escape from the busy and booming Disney area.
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:03 PM

My favorite restaurant in the area is California Grill on the top of the Contemporary resort. Outstanding high end food and wine list and make sure your reservation is at the same time as the MAgic Kingdom's fireworks. They turn off the lights in the restaurants and you can watch them from the restaurant (they pipe in the coordinating music.)
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:09 PM

Try Norman's at the new Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes Resort. Norman's is arguably the best restaurant in Florida at its Coral Gables flagship restaurant and this one is meant to be its equal. I have reservations the night after Thanksgiving. I'll make a report if you want.

For something really different, I also recommend Jiko, the upscale new African cuisine restaurant at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in WDW. This place is gorgeous and if you like wine, there are south african high end wines that you never have an apportunity to try outside of WDW. It is the summation of what Disney is about.
Nov 19th, 2003, 06:32 AM

I would have to say that one of the BEST meals I have ever had was at the original Emeril's restaurant at the Universal City Walk (this was the most expensive meal too). Service was amazing! I have heard good things about his new restaurant at the Royal Pacific Hotel (Tschop Chop or something like that), but I have not eaten there myself. Enjoy!
Nov 26th, 2003, 02:36 PM

Tchoup Chop is awesome. We were there the week it opened and ate there a few times. Food and service were great.

Search this Thread