Best Red Rock Canyon Tours

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 07:22 PM
arlene

Best Red Rock Canyon Tours

Has anyone had a Red Rock Canyon tour that
they enjoyed and could you recommend a
particular tour company and what made the tour a good one for you? Price? Sightseeing? Convenience? etc.
Thank-you.
PS I'll be bringing a sixteen yr. old son.

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 07:28 PM
c

Hi,Arlene, we have been to Red Rock three times now, and have never gotten a tour.I didn't even know they had tours
We just rent a car and drive over there, it is only about 20 minutes from the strip, an easy straight drive.Then you enter the road to the Canyon, and there is a building that has bathrooms, snacks, souvenires and maps.You just drive through, stopping where ever you want, park and take a hike, watch the climbers on the Rock,which is fun and scarey! If you go on your own, which to my thinking is the easiest way, do take a picnic and eat there.ALso, the 16 year old might enjoy wandering around the trails, so wear sneakers/hiking shoes.Have fun, I'll be there again in March~c

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 08:06 AM
catharsis

I agree - no need for tours! Just go out there and enjoy. A tour would actually make it less enjoyable, in my opinion.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 08:14 AM
pat

We lived in Arizona for 7 years and never took a tour, it is very easy to drive around and look. However, LAST year we returned after 10 years with our 2 boys (pre-teen/teen) and took a jeep tour. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the name but it was NOT the pink jeep, this one was suggested thru our hotel (sedona real which was wonderful and not in the real touristy/loud section). We enjoyed the touristy jeep tour so much. You 4 wheel it up those mountains and stop and see all kinds of interesting things and views. There are several differnt ones so you can select what your family would be most interested in. If you have AAA book, I think there are listed there. I was so glad that we did it. It really was fun. Good luck.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 01:25 PM
Cheryl

Try www.actiontours.com. We've taken their tour to Valley of Fire and Grand Canyon West. The guides are so knowledgeable, and you see and learn so much that you wouldn't on your own. I've never taken their Red Rock Canyon tour, but I imagine it's just as good. However, I'm sure a car trip would be much cheaper. Good luck.