Reload this Page >

Best pool with teenagers?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 08:56 AM
Kim

Could anyone comment on the pools at some of the top rated Hawaiian resorts/hotels? Would love to hear the details. Beaches are a must, but so is "the pool".
Thanks

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 12:29 PM
Gail

You didn't mention the island. We have only been to Maui and The Grand Wailea has 2 pools (1 is for adults) but the other pool is fabulous. Also the Kea Lani has a great pool too. You can look at these resorts on the web. I have heard the Hyatt and the Marriott have great pools too. They are in Kaanapali on Maui. The other hotels are on Maui but in Wailea which I loved the area. Hope that helps.

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 07:32 AM
ma

Hilton Waikoloa has a great pool, actually several of them. Also, Grand Wailea in Maui would get my vote.

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 10:52 AM
annemarie

We have stayed at the Ritz, Kea Lani and Hilton Waikoloa Village...my teens would rank the Hilton on the BIg Island to have the best pool area...options open to them are a large pool with slides, volleyball net, etc., another pool also had slides and a bit of a current to pull you along, a 3rd pool was a quiet pool for adults, there was a swimming lagoon with a little manmade beach..my husband and son snorkelled here with the green sea turtles, etc....you can rent air mattresses and paddle boats here. No beach although it was along the ocean...but I didn't have to worry about waves or undercurrent. The big pool also had a hottub grotto and a little arcade. To get through the property you take either a monorail or a boat. Quite amazing really! Second favourite was Kea Lani.

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 10:54 AM
annemarie

Sorry, the Hilton also had a lagoon with dolphins in it. They run a program call Dolphinquest.

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 12:56 PM
Laurie

The Grand Wailea, Maui is my 16 yr old daughter's first choice. The Hilton Waikoloa is a distant second.

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 12:58 PM
bubba

Go visit the Hilton but I wouldn't recommend staying there. For one, it does not have a beach. Second, the pool is ok and the slides I had heard so much about where not all that great (my opinion). The Hapuna Prince up the road has a nice pool and one of the best beaches in all of Hawaii. If you want I believe you can pay a small fee and use the pool at the Hilton if you so desired.

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 01:18 PM
Smart Alec

Just read your post title and need to tell you that most pools don't come with teenagers, you have to bring your own.
Sorry, I just couldn't resist.