Reload this Page >

Best places in Beverly Hills?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 12:42 PM
Trever

What are the best restaurants, places to shop, dance, etc. in or near Beverly Hills. We'll be there from Wednesday to Monday of this week.

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 01:09 PM
Rachel

I am not sure what types of places you are interested in so I will give you some of my favorites.

For lunch, I would suggest Il Tramezzino on Canon for a great and quick sandwich. It's a family run place and they are super friendly and serve GREAT pressed sandwiches. If you want more touristy and on Rodeo Drive but still good food, try Via Rodeo. At least I think that is the name -- it is a restaurant on the corner of Wilshire and Rodeo, in this quasi-cobblestone street that was built there. Just go up the steps and there it is.

For shopping and people watching, try Rodeo, Beverly Drive, Canon, Brighton. All of these streets are filled with cute shops. Outside of Beverly Hills, try Melrose for a funkier look.

Dinner really depends on your budget. Spago and Chasen's are great for a nice (and expensive) dinner. Nic's Martini bar is fun. Cafe Roma is great for late night dining. Xian has great Chinese. All of these places are in the heart of Beverly Hills.

Finally, dancing choices actually in Beverly Hills are limited, especially early in the week. Try Casbah on Melrose Monday night. But make a reservation -- it can be tough to get into.

Hope you have a fabulous time. All the holiday lights are up and the city looks great.

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 01:27 PM
Patrick

One of my favorites, just a block west of Rodeo, is Prego, a fairly casual contemporary Italian. Great wood oven for pizzas and roasted foods, a lively bar, and always some of the friendliest yet professional service I ever get in LA. And it is relatively inexpensive, especially by Beverly Hills standards. For an "over the top" lunch, probably where you will see a number of "stars" try The Ivy on Robertson. It's like a little country house complete with picket fence in the middle of the upscale design area (interesting shopping there also). The food is quite pricey, but it's a delightful experience. Of course you can't beat Spago (unless you go to the old one off Sunset Blvd. where I find the atmosphere much less aloof.) And for real fun you might want to do the Sunday gospel brunch at House of Blues on Sunset just East of Beverly Hills. Maybe someone can tell you the name of the great bakery/Italian breakfast place in the middle of Beverly Hills, which I can never remember --Forno something? I stood in line behind Jay Leno one Saturday morning while he was waiting his turn for a table along with all the rest of us.

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 01:37 PM
michele

Il Fornaio.

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 01:41 PM
Patrick

Yes, thank you, Michelle.

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 05:22 PM
allen

Trevor, I second Patrick's choice of Prego. Excellent restaurant and food at a reasonable price. Would also suggest El Cholo in Santa Monica for good Mexican, about a 10 min. drive on Wilshire.

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 06:43 AM
Gary

Inexpensive, off-beat restaurants not far from Beverly Hills:

Versailles -- Small place with yellow sign on west side of La Cienega south of Olympic. Great Cuban food. Occasionally crowded.

Ethiopian restaurants -- Fairfax south of Wilshire, north of Olympic. A few Ethiopian restaurants on a one-block stretch of Fairfax. Great food in quiet, interesting atmosphere.

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 09:08 AM
John

Nate 'n Al's on Beverly Drive (a block from Rodeo) is a good deli, excellent latkes and chicken soup, and a better than average spot for seeing Hollywood types, especially at breakfast. Gawking is gauche, though.