Search

Best place in FL in February?

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2001, 06:04 AM
Wendy

Best place in FL in February?

Hello there,
I am planning a trip to Florida next February
but am unsure about the best place to go to ensure warm weather, great beach and warm water. I'm debating the Keys, Captiva, and Sanibel, or even Marco Island. I know the Keys aren't famous for their beaches. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! thanks.

Old May 16th, 2001, 07:28 AM
kathy

Hi Wendy, I lived in the Sarasota/Bradenton area for 11 years. The Beaches are beautiful (esp. Lido), there are great places to eat and it is not a tourist trap. I always loved going to the Ringling grounds. The museum is wonderful, the house is interesting and the grounds are beautiful. Have a great time on your vacation. Kathy

Old May 16th, 2001, 07:49 AM
susan

I hate to throw cold water on your plans, but I don't think there's anyplace in Florida that can guarantee you warm enough weather to sun or swim in February. In my Fodor's guide, the average high in Miami and the Keys for February is 76 - perhaps warm enough for YOU to swim, but not me! The west coast is normally a little cooler than that...low 70s.

Old May 16th, 2001, 08:56 AM
Larry

Wendy: although I tend to agree with Susan, if the "MSU" in your email address means you'll be coming down from Michigan in February, I have a feeling temps of 76 won't stop you from swimming, and certainly not sunning. The Keys will offer the warmest weather in Florida at that time of year.

Old May 16th, 2001, 08:58 PM
N.R.

Nowhere in FL is predictably really warm during the winter. If you are going for at least 10 days, or so, then you will most likely have at least several days that are at least 73 degrees or so but if you are going for less time, it may be worthwhile to go further south to the Caribbean.