Reload this Page >

BEST OF THE BEST IN SEATTLE

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 03:49 PM
Tony

If the rest of the cities can have a best of the best, why not include Seattle as well!

Personally I love getting up and grabbing a hot cup of coffee in the morning and then heading through Pike's Market for some frsh seafood for that night's barbecue.

What are some of your favorite things about Seattle?

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 04:02 PM
jazzlover

I love an evening at Jazz Alley!

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 04:23 PM
x

Young spoiled brats holding worthless stock options.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 05:54 PM
sheri

A nice dinner somewhere in the Market (it's either Pike Place Market or just the Market, by the way, never "Pike's Market". Sorry, that's a pet peeve of mine ;-)) like Cafe Campagne, followed by one of the concerts on the Pier on a mid-summer night when the sun doesn't set until 10 PM.

Spending the entire Labor Day weekend at Bumbershoot.

Pizza at Madame K's in Ballard followed by dancing to a live band at the Tractor.

Being able to hike in old-growth forest within a short drive of downtown, yet take advantage of the wonderful music and other arts scene here, the great restaurants, etc. That's probably my favorite thing about living here in contrast to my former home, NYC.

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 09:26 AM
Chuck

Driving up the coast to take the ferry to the San Juan Islands for the day. And then heading back to the city for some great food and jazz music. That's the perfect day!

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 12:21 PM
Jim

Seattle in the summer time is hand's down the best to be, but the rest of the year sucks. Is it really worth it to have a great city that can only be enjoyed 1/4 of the year?

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 01:50 PM
Gary

Jim- For me, it's definitely worth it. Seattle's weather sucks 3/4 of the year compared to what, Chicago or New York? I'll take Seattle's winters over a Midwest or Northeast winter anytime. If you want great winter weather, move to Arizona.

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 05:44 PM
MarinersFan

Nothing beats a Mariner's Game at the new field on a nice summer afternoon.