Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Best Oceanfront accommodations in Cocoa Beach?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:05 AM
mary

Would appreciate comments or suggestions oceanfront lodging for Cocoa Beach. Found a $99 rate at the Cocoa Beach Oceanside Inn for next week. A little hard to tell about the quality from its website photos. Can anyone tell me about this hotel? I want a clean place with a great view. Thanks.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:13 AM
Ted

I stayed at the Holiday Inn last summer (wedding). Very nice & clean. Our oceanfront suite (two rooms) was only $129 per night in June. Great pool area as well. Nothing fancy, of course, but a well-maintained property.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:03 AM
Kathy

Several years ago we rented a condo on the ocean that was very nice. I can't recall the name but the word Discovery was in it and I know it was in the AAA book. We had either 2 or 3 bedrooms and a full kitchen. It was clean and modern with a nice pool area as well as basketball and tennis. (I think there was tennis). The only thing I didn't like was that the beach was very small but that seemed to be the case in all of Cocoa Beach.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 03:39 PM
Elaine

I've always stayed at the Cocoa Beach HIlton and enjoyed it very much. It's a step above the Holiday Inn, with a beachfront pool.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 03:45 PM
Ellen

We stayed at the Cocoa Beach Oceanside in 1995 so my info may not be reliable. It was just ok. We had just come from a Disney World property. The Oceanside didn't measure up to Disney standards. The a/c was just barely there. There was a view of the ocean which was nice (that's why i booked it in the first place). It was very near the Pier where we had a good dinner. Not a bad place but it seemed pretty shabby compared with Dixie Landings in Disney World.