Reload this Page >

Best local restaraunts Hilton Head

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 01:20 PM
Bob Frank

Looking for great non-commercial places to eat on Hilton Head. Any Help?

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 01:25 PM
RB

Have just posted this on another thread, but we enjoyed the Old Oyster Factory. Good food and beautiful views of the sound.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 05:26 AM
Brian in Atlanta

One of our favorite places is a small pasta place in Coligney Circle. I don't recall the exact name, but it's run by a friendly local, has a good wine list and very good and reasonably-priced pastas. It's usually busy, but you can have a glass of wine while you wait.

We also like Amigos Cantina for burritos, etc (very causal).

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 10:09 AM
vicki

Old Oyster Factory does a huge business, opens at 5pm with a line, food is very good and so is the view. The pasta restaurant someone mentioned is called Just Pasta, we've never tried it though. A place that isn't known too well by visitors is Sunset Grill, located in the Outdoor Resorts near the bridge coming onto the island. The food is great, in the daytime you can watch the boats on the intracoastal go by, there is a flight of steps, never been at night but it has a great reputation, very small. Captain Woody's at Palmetto Bay marina, good seafood and casual. If you want Chinese skip the Imperial Dragon group. There is a small chinese place, mostly take out, at Heritage Plaza near Coligny called Red Dragon, food is good. For mexican the one that gets the most locals is Mi Tierra at Fairfield Sq. north end of island.
Enjoy your visit down here.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 10:33 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Oh, another good one is Anna's Beachside Cafe (forgive me if I've got the name wrong) on the beach side of Coligney. It closes early.

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 08:06 PM
me

Two Eleven Park! We have been eating there 6 years, always great...huge wine list (it is a wine bar) and try the tuna,tuna, tuna or beer battered lobster tails!

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 05:22 AM
Seafood

My favorite hidden away seafood restaurant in HH is Hudson's.

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 08:27 AM
et

Neno's....Charlie's,

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 09:05 AM
GoingSaturday

Seafood Lover took mine. Hudson's is our family favorite for seafood. We go there at least twice every vacation.