Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Best hotel view for Disneyland fireworks?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 05:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be arriving late afternoon/early evening to spend 2 days at Disneyland. We won't be going into the park until the next day. I had heard that you can view the fireworks from the Disney resorts. What resort would give us the best view, and should we make a special room request for this?

Other suggestions for our first night there?
It will be a long day of traveling, so we don't want to do too much. Need to save our energy for the parks!! Traveling as a family of 4, with teenagers.

Thanks!
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:59 PM

Not sure which hotel or tower you need to be in to see the fireworks, but on the day you do go in I can tell you it is well worth it to sit somewhere near the castle and get situated about 30-45 minutes prior, because the show is TERRIFIC!! But it's not really the fireworks, it's the music that is choreographed to it and after a day of riding the rides, you will appreciate it. Hint, hint...Haunted Mansion was great, that's all I'm going to say! (not referring to the ride...although I LOVE the ride...but referring to the firwork show itself).
Anyway, for your first night since you will be tired and probably won't want to stray to far from the hotel, I would suggest walking through Downtown Disney. It is great, you can shop, window shop, eat and most nights they have live music in the courtyards. Get an ice-cream and sit near a fountain and listen to the music and people watch. You will have a blast!!
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 01:20 PM

I actually used to work at the Anahiem Fairfield Inn and we had terrific views of the fireworks. This hotel is not like typical FFI...it has 467 rooms, restaurant/room service, bellmen, concierge...more like a very upscale Courtyard but reasonable prices. All the rooms have sleeper sofas so if you book a room with 2 doubles you and your husband can have a bed and each child can have a bed...usually makes eveyrone happy The hotel is directly across from Disney on Harborview Drive. You may want to check it out.

I agree with vegasnative about Downtown Disney...lots of things for all ages.
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 02:02 PM

You can see the fireworks in comfort from the riverboat.
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 06:08 PM

I have to agree with vegasnative 200%, the new show is much much better when you can hear the music and see the images projected on the castle. Even if you have to have a nap first, I would make every effort to see them from Main Street or the plaza area.
Old Sep 3rd, 2005, 03:30 PM

California Grill - in the Contemporary Resort - has a viewing terrace that pipes the music in from the fireworks display. You can get a dinner reservation to coincide with the show.
Old Sep 3rd, 2005, 03:35 PM

Whoops! You said Disneyland, not Disney World...my mistake, I apologize.