Reload this Page >

best hotel value in williamsburg

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 1998, 02:05 PM
jill

We are travelling to williamsburg in october and would appreciate any help in choosing affordable lodging for a family of four.We are interested in something with an on-site restaurant for breakfasts.Luxuries are not important but cleanliness is.thank you jill

Old Sep 20th, 1998, 06:19 AM
s.fowler

I would recommend the Woodlands. It is right at the Visitor Center, so buses to the historic area are very convenient. If I remember they were suites with a bedroom and a living room with a pullout bed. I am sure you could get a cot in also. There was a retaurant onsite.

Old Sep 20th, 1998, 06:32 AM
s.fowler

Here's the website for the Woodlands. http://www.history.org/tours/hotel_will_woodlands.html
The rate for a suite in October is $105 a night.
Here's the main website: http://www.history.org/
Have a great time!

Old Sep 20th, 1998, 03:22 PM
Don

You have lots of variety in Williamsburg--from budget, to moderate, to very expensive. If budget is high priority, you've got 3 great choices all within walking distance of each other: Travelodge, Holiday Inn Express, and Days Inn. Oct. rates are about $49/night. All 3 are clean and modern, AAA 3 diamond rated, and include breakfast. Days has interior corridors. Days also has a pancake restaurant on-site. Travelodge has a Cracker Barrel next door, and Holiday Inn Express has probably the largest "continental" breakfast in the city--albeit all cold foods.

Other good choices: Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites (brand new), Embassy Suites. All 3 have breakfast included, but only Embassy has a full-service restaurant; they are, however, either adjacent to or just a brief walk from restaurants. The Woodlands--which the other post recommended--is VERY nice, IMHO.

Old Sep 21st, 1998, 05:50 PM
jill

Thanks Don for all your help with hotels and tickets for busch gardens.Your suggestions sound great and affordable too.Any other helpful hints,like good family dinner spots would be greatly appreciated.You have made the planning of this vacation so much easier for me.Thanks again,jill