Reload this Page >

best coffee and pizza in Seattle

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2000, 04:48 PM
Melissa

I will be visiting Seattle in the next month and like everyone else in the world I'll be wanting to try the coffee. The other personal favorite of mine is to always try to find the best pizza in any city I visit. If you can help me please list your personal favorites.
My tummy thanks you.

Old Feb 21st, 2000, 05:13 PM
Karen

...lots of different places for coffee. I've always preferred Seattle's Best. There is a shop right downtown in the Westlake Center Plaza. My favorite pizza is Testarossa (spelling?). I can't remember where the restaurant is, but they've started selling the uncooked pizzas in some of the specialty grocery stores.

However, that said, there are lots of good choices. Have a good time checking them out.

Old Feb 21st, 2000, 05:21 PM
Cheryl Z.

best pizza is at Filiberto's on Des Moines Memorial Drive in Burien next to Sea Tac airport about l5-20 minutes south of Seattle.

Old Feb 21st, 2000, 06:01 PM
John

I also vote for Filiberto's for best pizza! Torrefazione for best coffee.

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 07:09 AM
sgorces

Yes, Torrefazione on Occidental Ave. in Pioneer Square for best coffee. Pegasus on Alki Beach for pizza. Their greek pizza with feta cheese is wonderful.

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 07:54 AM
John

Hi, Melissa,
Asking about best coffee and pizza is like asking about favorite color. My own faves are indies like Bus Stop Espresso in the Roosevelt neighborhood and Atlantic Street Pizza on University Way, both locales definitely off the Gray Line route.
But you might want to try out a little history, even if you think of Howard as the Evil Emperor. The original Starbucks, which was something of a secret pleasure in the Pike Place Market for years before the company got bought and went galactic, is still there and actually pretty enjoyable. Take your latte and walk over to the park and stare out at the ferries like we all did 30 years ago.

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 08:08 AM
John

Dear Melissa:
I like Jfsevy's historical notes, which are great for helping you catch the proper Old-Seattle atmosphere, but when it comes to the excellence of the BEANS and the quality of the ROAST, Torrefazione is tops. Neither Starbucks beans nor roast are of the best quality. They'll do for Yuppies, but not for connoisseurs.
By the way, if you're looking for really good pizza as yo're driving south from Vancouver, you don't have to go all the way to Seattle: check out STANELLO'S in Fairhaven (South Bellingham).

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 09:59 AM
sheri

Torrefazione for coffee, hands down. And I second the nomination of Pegasus over here in my neighborhood of West Seattle for pizza. I think the crust is the best part--I don't know what the secret ingredient is, but it is wonderful. Plus you get a view of the water and the Olympic Mountains to go with your pizza (if it's clear--not a sure thing in March, of course!).

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 10:20 AM
John

I guess I'll have to plan a return visit to PEGASUS. But I do loathe that West Seattle Bridge.