Best Cirque show for 15 and 13yos

Aug 31st, 2006, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

Best Cirque show for 15 and 13yos

We are going to Las Vegas before white water rafting the Grand Canyon next summer. My husband and I have seen Cirque shows, Mystere and O, but would love my children to see a show. Which is the best on for teenagers? Any other shows to see for teenagers?
Aug 31st, 2006, 08:32 PM

Mystere.
The teens that I know , especially liked those Kodo drummers ..
Aug 31st, 2006, 09:13 PM
Tess

My two teens loved Mystere when we saw it this summer. I've seen "O" sans kids and don't think it would hold their attention nearly as well. Mystere has a light touch of humor that made the show perfect for any age.

How about Blue Man Group?

Aug 31st, 2006, 10:30 PM
Neopolitan

I think my vote has now changed to Ka, from previously being O, slightly ahead of Mystere.

Sep 1st, 2006, 06:34 AM

Definitely, Mystere!
Sep 3rd, 2006, 12:33 PM

They are all good for kids except for the "adult" one. Why not take them to a show you haven't seen? Or, send them to Mystere while you see some other show.
Sep 3rd, 2006, 12:49 PM

Blue Man Group is a winner for teens and adults alike. It is better in the smaller venues {like Boston and NYC} but should be fun for all in Vegas.

Hope this helps...
Debi
Sep 5th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. Just took the kids to see Blue man in Boston. Great idea!! Neopolitan, How is Ka compared to mystere for teenagers? Is "We Will Rock You" still playing out there?
Sep 5th, 2006, 07:13 PM

Your family will also enjoy Mac King, who has an afternoon show at Harrah's. He is hilarious and discount tickets are often available.
Sep 6th, 2006, 11:26 AM

My thirteen-year-old son really liked Mystere and Ka. Folks I've talked to have mixed opinions about "O" - but I've not seen it so can't say from personal experience. Both of my boys also really enjoyed lunch at Monte Carlo Pub & Brewery.
Sep 6th, 2006, 04:30 PM

"O" ia beyond spectacular.

It is amazing, jaw-dropping entertainment.

Get "splash" seats, if they are available.
Sep 6th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Neopolitan

Comparing Ka to Mystere for teenagers -- I would think most would like Ka better. There is a lot of major action on a huge stage that raises and changes positions -- including completely vertical. There is a battle scene done that way where all the performers are on sort of bungee cords and the whole thing is like watching Crouching Tiger. There is a whole lot of action which I think might impress a lot of teens more than the artistic excellence of Mystere. I know some teens thought the clown and baby stuff in Mystere was too "babyish".

Sep 6th, 2006, 04:38 PM

"We Will Rock You" is not playing in Las Vegas anymore. Are your teenagers girls or boys? Besides the Cirque shows, they might like "Mama Mia" especially if they are girls (not to say that boys wouldn't like it also). You and your husband would really enjoy the music. It's playing at Mandalay Bay.
Sep 8th, 2006, 07:13 PM

I don't have children, so my comments are based on the reactions I've seen in the audience. "O" is a bit mystical, and slower paced & unless you are staying at Bellagio your seats will be a fair distance from the stage. "O" is Spectacular and the images stay with you. Mystere is a smaller theater, you are closer to the action & it's a bit faster paced. Blue Man Group is now at the Venetian, in a theater built for their show. We saw it in June. It had the most age varied audience, and seemed to get the most response from kids.
Sep 10th, 2006, 10:06 AM

Forgot to mention, Blue Man Group is heavy on rock & roll and rock & roll concert references in sections, although the include other material.
Sep 12th, 2006, 08:07 PM

go see LOVE at the Mirage. Best show in town. great for kids!
Sep 13th, 2006, 04:55 AM

When my son was between 13 and 17, he saw Mystere, "O" and Ka! and loved them all.

I saw LOVE last week and thought it was fantastic. The next time we go to Vegas, we are taking him to see it.

I think your children will enjoy any of these Cirque shows.
Sep 14th, 2006, 05:35 AM

I also recommend Le Reve at the Wynn Hotel. I haven't seen Ka or O but I have seen lots of other shows and I have never ever seen anything like it. The stunts and the dancers flying in and out of the pool and the unbelievable six-storey jump were amazing! We (the whole family including teenagers) sat through it holding our breath thinking "There is no way this could get any better" and then it did!
If you are interested in other shows try looking at the site www.broadwaybox.com/lasvegas . They have discounts for a lot of the shows and now that I am looking it up I see they also have a discount for Le Reve. Good Luck!

Search this Thread