Best Buffet for breakfast in the strip

Old Jan 12th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Buffet for breakfast in the strip

I will be traveling to Vegas at the end of January. Which is the best buffet for breakfast in the strip?
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 07:54 AM

Mirage or Bellagio. I favor Mirage.
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 08:12 AM

not to confuse you, but I preferred the Bellagio! I did enjoy the Mirage buffet for dinner though.
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 10:49 AM

I generally dislike buffets, even at breakfast, but Paris is amazing!!
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 06:30 PM

I second the Paris!
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 06:30 PM

And Bellagio is wonderful too, but go on a weekday--the weekends are very crowded.
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 07:06 PM

Another vote for Bellagio, but weekday only. Weekends are a zoo. For Sat or Sun I'd go with Paris.
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 07:25 PM

My wife and I love buffets and have eaten at just about every one on the strip. Granted, nothing is more personal than taste, but here's our ranking: Our favorite for breakfast/early brunch - Paris! Great egg dishes, excellent variety of sausages (even a low fat applewood smoked chicken sausage), made to order crepes, great rolls, great sweet rools, great cheeses, moderate price. Is a bit hard to find - in the corridor/tunnel between Bally's and Paris, a small door on the right as you're walking toward Paris, close to Paris. Ask to be seated in one of the small rooms if you want a bit more quiet, although it's not as noisy as some. Only down side is the line can be a bit long at times.
Bally's Big Kitchen is also great for breakfast, our second choice. It's smaller, quieter, less variety but it's all good. Paris and Bally's are less expensive than Bellagio. We've only done dinner at Bellagio's buffet. They have amazing food - variety and good quality, but it is more expensive, usually busy, and we found it verrry noisy. We actually moved to the smoking section just to be able to carry on a conversation. They had too many hard surfaces. Maybe they've added carpet or sound absorbing material since we were there. Mirage I can only give a C+. For other meals - Wynn's is our current absolute favorite for lunch. Higher price, but not as expensive as Bellagio. Great food, fresh ingredients, easy to get to & through all the different food stations & just about every type of cuisine you want to see in a buffet. It's also a beautiful place. For a fun, less expensive lunch, dinner - the Paradise Garden at the Flamingo has consistently good food, more standard buffet fare than Wynn's for sure, but always something we want. If unlimited giant crab legs and prime rib for dinner are your thing, it's the spot. Service is always good, and they have the most entertaining view of any buffet - we love watching the pink flamingos, swans, other birds, and the koi swimming in the pool. If you go, get a seat by the windows (it's arranged so there are alot of window seats). Have fun!
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 08:07 PM

WOW Braunsky! You DO love buffets!
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 08:14 PM

Great post, Braunsky!
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 02:15 PM

Thnks and yo're welcome. Yes, I really do love buffets - they are one of the reasons I go to Vegas. My patient spouse enjoys them too, just not as much as I do. So long as we go to a good sit down restaurant every once in awhile, she's content. Our favorite sit down restaurant right now is Picasso at Bellagio, but there are many good ones. She also asked me to add that while Paris and Bally's Big Kitchen are her favorite two places for breakfast, she puts Bally's slightly ahead of Paris!
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 02:58 PM

After many trips to Vegas, I was convinced the breakfast buffet at Paris was the best -- until I had the breakfast buffet at The Wynn. My friends and I thought it was fantastic. I still think the Paris buffet is great, but The Wynn was great, too!
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all, but specally to Braunsky, for your advises. Since I will be staying for two days, I will try the Buffets at Paris and Wynns.

Old Jan 15th, 2007, 05:47 PM

Does anybody know how much are the Breakfast buffets that have been mentioned? The Paris one, for example?
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 06:35 PM

Rummaging through my receipts from this last June/July, a breakfast buffet at both Bally's Big Kitchen and the Paris Buffet were $12.95. Brunch/lunch later bumps up to $14.95 I think, I just didn't find a receipt. The lunch buffet at Wynns was $19.95. The dinner buffet at Wynns goes up to $27 or $28 I think, although it might be as high as $33. We liked lunch so much we haven't tried dinner, but I think we will later this week when we fly in for our mid-winter "I gotta get outa town" trip. The Flamingo Paradise Garden is $11.99 for breakfast I believe. It was $13.99 for lunch, and $18.99 for dinner. We also tried the Cafe Lago buffet at Caesars Palace July 2 - didn't think much of it, good but not great food and not much variety, and the food stations were difficult to get to. The servers were strained by the crowd. It was $22.50 for brunch on a Sunday, which is always a bit higher, because you get a glass of champagne. The only meal I don't recommend at Bally's Big Kitchen is the Sunday champagne brunch - higher price for basically the same food plus a glass of champagne. My understanding is that his is not the same thing as the Sterling Sunday Brunch at Bally's which they have in their steak restaurant (or used to). Some poster really like the Bally's Sterling Sunday Brunch, but it's pricy.
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 06:46 PM

Quick follow-up, Bally's web site is now showing only Brunch and Dinner prices, so perhaps they've stopped the lower breakfast price. More buffets are doing this. The Sterling Brunch is in the steak house, but the web site doesn't show an actually price, just "over $40." (Why do this when there is just one price? It makes some sense if you have a variety of differently priced entrees.) I vaguely recall it's actually about $60.
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 06:49 PM

Many thanks, braunsky!
We are not used to have a heavy breakfast at my country and I was trying to figure out if it was worth to pay for a breakfast buffet.
Really good good info.
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 07:35 PM

You are very welcome, Berri and Filloa. Enjoy your visit!
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 12:01 PM

Filloa, you might want to time it closer to lunch....sometimes the big buffet brunch is my only meal that day!
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 01:06 PM

Good point Melissa. My eating habits change in Vegas from 3 meals a day to two or one and a snack. Of course, depending on the length of their flight, they may be arriving at 8am when their stomachs say it's 2pm.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information