Reload this Page >

Best Brunch Place in NYC

Search

Best Brunch Place in NYC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 05:28 AM
Tanya Raso

Best Brunch Place in NYC

My husband and I are going to be in NYC this weekend and I'm looking for a great place with a super American Sunday brunch with a view or atmosphere - we brunched at the John Hancock Center in Chicago a couple of months ago and we loved it. His family is meeting us from Switzerland and I would love to share this American tradition with them - any ideas for a great experience?

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 08:14 AM
steve

the plaza.

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 08:27 AM
Shirley

A friend recommends Sarabeth's Kitchen...theres one on the upper west side, and one on the upper east side

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 09:22 AM
Jill

My husband and I love Sunday and bruch and have tried practically every place in Manhattan. Our favotite place for Sunday brunch is Park Avalon on Park and 19th. Great food, great atmosphere, jazz. Awesome!!!

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 03:36 PM
Mustangs81

I did research last year on Sunday brunches and ended up at the Rihga Royal Hotel. We enjoyed it very much, the food was good and the high rise view of Central Park was amazing.

If you do go, make reservations and ask for a window.

RIHGA ROYAL HOTEL
151 West 54th Street
New York, NY 10019
(212) 307-5000
(800) 937-5454
(212) 765-6530 Fax

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 04:22 PM
Jodi

A beautiful spot is Tavern on the Green in Central Park. Beautiful building, beautiful location, I absolutely loved it.

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 04:34 AM
Patrick

I agree on the Rhiga Royal with its lavish spread of food and an unforgettable view of the city. That is if you want a major brunch buffet, which it sounds like you do. Tavern on the Green is a fun place to take out of towners, especially during the holiday season, but in my opinion it is just too crammed and busy for Sunday brunch.
We also had Sunday Brunch at the top of the World Trade Center many years ago. Hard to beat for the view, but the food then was pretty dismal.