Search

bermuda weather

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 06:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bermuda weather

My husband and I are escaping for our romantic weekend to Bermuda for 4 days on April 28th. They say average temp is in the low 70's...I was hoping it would be warm enough for bathing suits has anyone been this time of year? Are they on target? I know sometimes the humidity affects the feeling. Our other option is Miami (but its not as secluded and romantic).
Thanks.
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 02:02 AM

You could certainly hit a hot spell, but Bermuda is really only hot-hot in July/August - gets cooling ocean breezes and location is not as far south as I thought before we went there - think weather in the Carolinas with a breeze.

That said, I would pick Bermuda over Miami in a second.
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 02:43 AM

Bermuda is not far enough south to be as hot as you'd like. Temps at that time are 60-75.

http://www.weather.bm/

It's great golf and tennis weather. You can certainly sit in the sun and hotel pools will mostly be heated I'd guess.
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 04:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
We have been in early May and the daytime temps were warm enough for shorts and swimsuits. The ocean was too cold for me to swim in. (the kids jumped in though!)We had a couple of rainy days and it cooled down quite a bit. I would bring a thick sweater just in case. The nighttime is cool also.
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 04:56 AM

I've been during spring break, which was probably late March or early April and we did get into our bathing suits daily and even swam...of course we were also 20 somethings and from Massachusetts. Everything is relative. The island is so unbelievably beautiful though, that even if it's a little cool you will have the most fantastic, romantic time.

I actually prefer Bermuda's beauty to Hawaii's. Picture narrow little roads bordered by stone walls covered with flowers, pastel hued cottages with white tiled roofs with that gorgeous blue ocean for a backdrop and you'll picture Bermuda. We couldn't even find anything that even remotely resembled a slum area. Miami is not the same animal--not even close. Stick with your original plan--you won't be sorry.
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 07:41 AM
GoTravel

If you want hot beach weather you'll need to go to Miami.

Bermuda is gorgeous but it isn't very warm.