Belle Forche or Palace Cafe in NO?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19th, 2003, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be spending only 1 night in New Orleans on our way to visit family for Christmas. We would like to have a really nice, delicious, creole type dinner that evening. Has anyone been to Belle Forche on Decatur near Marigny (other than late night?)... the Creole/Caribbean fusion sounds delish. Or should we stick with Palace Cafe. All of the other highly recommended places (Bayona, Gabrielle, etc.) are closed on Sundays, which is when we will be there.
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 07:29 AM

I was in NOLA once at Christmas time, and there were special Christmas dinners at the restaurants, some sort of traditional creole or cajun thing. I don't know if this still goes on, or if it would interest you. Anybody else know about this?
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 09:21 AM
Dan

Sorry to say that Belle Forche has been closed since the summer. Not sure why the website still works!
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 09:29 AM
Dan

I think if you go to christmasneworleans.com, you'll find the Reveillon menus Tandoori Girl speaks of. They are quite good deals.
Old Dec 25th, 2003, 07:11 AM

I'm a native of south Louisiana but don't live there now. However, I still visit relatives often. My favorite restaurant (and I know most of them) for very good (and somewhat expensive) authentic food is Broussard's in the French Quarter on Conti Street. They have a website and you can even make reservations on it. What I can't remember is whether they are open on Sundays. If they are, you can't go wrong. Good luck.