Beaver Creek Vacation- advice

Old Sep 14th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beaver Creek Vacation- advice

I am planning a ski vacation this winter for my family (they are big skiers, I'm not) and am looking for advice on everything from where to stay, what to do outside of skiing, and where to eat. Are there any deals out there? Where are they? Also, is it better to book online or over the phone?
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 10:07 AM

Deals during ski season will be hard to come by.

First I'd stay in BC. That area is so beautiful.

The Charter has condo set ups so that could be a great option for you.

I like the Hyatt with the spa. Of course the St. James is nice.

Then there is Saddleridge.

Basically you can't go wrong.

I would start checking on line. Do direct links to the hotels and do sites like Orbitz, Hotel.com etc.,.

If your family doesn't ski they still can sled. Tube down the mountain. Ice skate. There is plenty
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 09:20 AM

Just my best hint:
If you arre arriving in vail, go to the High Mountain Taxi site - www.hmtaxi.com

We use them all the time.

Mike
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 09:21 PM

It would help to know what your price range is. Beaver Creek, Vail and Aspen are at the high end. Copper Mt., Keystone, Breckenridge and Steamboat Springs less so.

You'll find a plethora of activities ( other than skiing) at all of these resorts. Really no deals during the 'ski season', but try ski colorado (for a start) for package deals which will probably be your best bet. Select an area and then look for rooms,restaurants etc.
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 09:43 PM

Sorry it's late and I missed your reference to Beaver Creek as your destination. As I said, much to do there besides skiing.Suggest you contact the resort for accommodation and restaurant information. We've stayed there on several occasions but I hesitate offering any advise until I know more about your needs.
Old Oct 24th, 2006, 12:25 PM

One important website for all travelers is VRBO.com. It is a great resource for lodging. As my family has grown (and the expense of skiing) private condos and villas are a substantially better value. I've booked lovely 3 bedroom condos for the price of a hotel room at the Hyatt BC. Many other homes, the world over. We've never been burned.
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 11:34 AM

From a local here:
You did not mention your dates? I would stay as close to the center of town as possible because you can let the kids run! They'll have the ice rink right there and the main ski lift/ski school steps away. Some fair priced accomodations in B.C. that I would recommend:
St.James Place 970-845-9300
Bordre's Lodge 970-845-8840
Highlands Lodge 970-949-5071
check out the Beavr Creek link on www.snow.com for the answer to all of your other questions!