Beachfront lodging on Anna Maria Island

Jun 4th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Original Poster

Beachfront lodging on Anna Maria Island

My husband and I are planning a trip to Anna Maria Island with our toddler. I was thinking of staying at Angelinos Sealodge on Anna Maria island. Has anyone stayed there? I want something on the beach with a kitchen. Any other suggestions?
Jun 5th, 2005, 10:44 AM

We have always rented houses, so I'm not sure about the Sealodge but we are renting from the Anna Maria Beach Cottages at the end of the month. We checked it out last year and everything looked great, so we decided to give it a try this year. I know they have studio apartments, which would be good for you situation. They are right on the Gulf but unfortunately the sea oats obstruct the view.
Jun 16th, 2005, 09:15 AM

We've stayed at the Beach Inn (bungalows have kitchens). Try www.annamariachamber.org - they have a good listing of places to stay.
Jun 16th, 2005, 10:17 AM

We stayed at the Bungalow Beach Resort - great units with kitchens, ours was beachfront. Highly recommend - by the way, rates include breakfast also, brought to your door in a picnic basket each morning.

http://www.bungalowbeach.com/
Jun 16th, 2005, 12:34 PM

I think it looks like a beachy little spot. It is in the city of Holmes Beach. I prefer to stay in the city of Anna Maria but all three cities on the island have really wonderful beaches. The best.
Jul 4th, 2005, 05:35 AM

FYI...we just got back from Anna Maria. We stayed at the Anna Maria Beach Cottages and LOVED it. The property is steps from the Gulf and the beach is fantastic! Beautiful white sand and and sandbar that keeps the water from being too deep. My toddler LOVED it!

The cottages were wonderful. We rented the 3/2 cottage and it had a lovely patio out front so my duaghter could play on when we weren't on the beach. The kitchen was loaded and they had a grill on the patio. There was a CD player, DVD and VCR too. The property also had a pool, which was nice because our last 2 days there, the red tide set in. There is also a Trolley stop at the end of the road.

We will stay there again next time for sure!

Jul 5th, 2005, 07:42 PM

Check into Island Real Estate-they rent everything from cottages to small condos.
Jul 7th, 2005, 04:41 AM
MSS

We have rented a condo by owner right beside the Bungalow Beach Resort (where we stayed last year) for half the price literally, without the noisy air conditioners. Great contact from the owner, and it is right on the beach with a pool and parking under the condo so your car is in the shade. Comes well equipped with a washer and dryer. Bungalow Beach didn't have washer/dryer or even an ironing board in room for the price. We are leaving Saturday for a week so will have to let you know how the place is, but sounds great. There is no bad vacation on Anna Maria Island. Hopefully the hurricane will stay away!