Beachcomber near Ft Lauderdale?

Old Sep 26th, 2006, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beachcomber near Ft Lauderdale?

Has anyone stayed at or seen the Beachcomber Resort in Pompano Beach? We have it booked for Thanksgiving weekend mainly because their presidential suite was available. My husband said he wants a REALLY NICE place and doesn't care about the money, but also doesn't want a fancy place where there's any kind of dress code. Would appreciate any feedback about this or alternate places in the area that are right on the beach. Tried Lago Mar but their best rooms are booked. Thanks...
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 05:34 AM

If you are booked why would you ask for an alternate place ? By booking the presidential suite you may be negating someone else from having that room.
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Yes, we had looked into the St. Regis, but they won't be open in time. fyi - they start taking reservations in mid-October and they open Dec. 15.

We've been on wait list for desired room at Lago Mar in case of cancellations, but not optimistic. Had already checked into Pelican Beach -- rooms look lovely but unavailable for our dates, plus I don't think we'd like the atmosphere there - I understand it's full of kids.

Marriott's a good idea. All their suites are booked. Still considering it. Just not sure if we like that kind of atmosphere.

GoTravel, I saw on another post that you've stayed at Captain's Quarters in LBTS. I know it's FAR from luxury, but to be right in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, walking distance to everything, be able to rent bikes, not be in a big-hotel convention center atmosphere with kids all around, could make up for it. Are the rooms dumpy? They have a 1 BR suite available right on the ocean.
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 08:02 AM
jd

The Beachcomber is definitely not in the REALLY NICE category. It is an older property with decent landscaping and a small pool. I haven't seen the rooms. My 1st choice would be Lago Mar, even if their best room wasn't available. After that, I would chose Marriott Harbor Beach, and then the Pelican Beach Resort,which has nice rooms, but no nice landscaping to speak of.
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 08:05 AM
GoTravel

Did you check to see if the new St. Regis FLL was open yet?

It's the beach, no dress codes unless you venture up to Palm Beach and The Breakers.