Reload this Page >

Baseball Stadium with best food

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2002, 11:04 AM
Baseball

With baseball season in full swing, I was just wondering which stadium has the best food choices?

Old May 25th, 2002, 12:30 PM
JT

baltimore

Old May 25th, 2002, 12:47 PM
Stephanie P.

Pittsburgh's PNC Park. They have a pizza chain in their and Steak and Lube and a wee little mall of different types of food.

Old May 25th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Dodger

Dodger Dogs. Not the best hot dog I've ever had, but the food is a must when at Dodger Stadium.

I'd be interested as well in finding out what types of food some of the stadiums are known for. Are there any good local food items to check out?

Old May 25th, 2002, 12:50 PM
G

What in the world is Steak and Lube? Lube isn't a word I associate with food.

Old May 27th, 2002, 03:38 PM
JT

Was just out at Edison International yesterday afternoon watching the Angels lose to the Twins. Great weather, but the food choice is only so-so. Somehow Chinese food and baseball just don't go together for me.

InNOut would be a great addition to the stadium!

Old May 27th, 2002, 04:00 PM
KevinO

Boog's BBQ in right field at Camden Yards in Baltimore. I was down there a few weeks ago and Boog was at the top of the line before the game -talking, giving autographs, etc.

Old May 27th, 2002, 05:02 PM
gbnyc11

The mustard at Jacobs Field is the best in the world!

Old May 27th, 2002, 09:25 PM
John

Typically costs an arm and a leg, but most of the food choices at Safeco Field (Seattle) are pretty good. Some of the food stands have been given cutesy names (High Cheese Pizza, Intentional Wok, Frozen Rope, etc.) but the garlic french fries are really great and you can smell them in Vancouver.

Old May 28th, 2002, 06:01 AM
Ted

You can buy Legal Seafoods clam chowder at Fenway Park; it is the BEST.

Old May 28th, 2002, 06:38 AM
MJS

Qualcomm Stadium. Fish tacos from Rubios, yummmy! Also, Rally burger with spicy curly fries and sushi too!

Got to love a selection!

Old May 28th, 2002, 08:19 AM
x

Quaker Steak and Lube is a pun on Quake State and Lube....Gas and a lube job...they`re the best wings going..started in Sharon ,Pa.----in an old QS&L gas station..they have cars and motorcycles hanging fro the ceiling and old gas pump..a really unique place..now have about 4 other place scattered in Pa. and 1 in Ohio.....bestwings.com----they have annex`s located in the stadiums in Pittsburgh...

Old May 28th, 2002, 08:27 AM
x

sorry there are 3 in Ohio..and it`s bestwingsusa.com for Quake Steak and Lube....and No I`m not advertising!...

Old May 28th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Gail

Pacific Bell Park in SF. We have Krispy Kremes, garlic fries, frescas, smoothies, calamari, Carl's Jr., plus Chinese, Mexican, Caribbean BBQ, seafood sandwiches, pizza, caesar salad, spinich salad, Portobello sandwiches, garlic chicken sandwiches, a sausage bar, a fresh fruit bar, fresh squeezed lemonade, espressos and gelato. Not to mention the microbrewreys.

Old May 28th, 2002, 07:20 PM
kam

Garlic Fries at Pac Bell Park in SF. Also Krispy Kreem doughnuts but boy are they sugar sweet---guess it's an acquired taste.

Old May 29th, 2002, 04:07 AM
Steve

Bank One Ballpark in Phoenix

Old May 29th, 2002, 12:51 PM
x

The San Francisco stadium choices sound marvelous. Garlic fries - yum! I'll have to make sure to fit in a game next time I'm out west on business.

Phoenix was mentioned, but no reasons why. Can you expand on why it has the best?

I like to take in games when I'm traveling on business. But sometimes, it's better to just grab something before the game if the stadium only has a hotdog to choose.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 10:22 AM
DBR96

PNC Park, Pittsburgh. Primanti Bros., Quaker Steak & Lube, Benkovitz Seafood and Vincent's Pizza all have stands there. They also have the "Tastes of Pittsburgh," which is a sampling of locally brewed (and microbrewed) beers in the Pittsburgh area.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Mary

The new Miller Park in Milwaukee. There's a TGI Friday’s and a more formal, upscale restaurant, both of which are separated from the field by walls of glass. There is also standard stadium fare as well as pizza, Mexican, awesome dessert carts, homemade lemonade, beers, etc. I haven't been to any other stadiums in the U.S so I don't know how it compares but it's a HUGE, GIANT step-up from the old park.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 11:32 AM
junebug

Since no one's mentioned it, Yankee Stadium in the Bronx has the Stadium Club which has good food. You have to have a special pass to get in, I think it's only for season-ticket holders. I ate there once with some friends when someone gave me game tickets and the Club passes. The food is buffet-style and pretty good, set in an old-fashioned wood panelled and leather chair club type of room. But the main attraction seems to be the incredibly old, crusty and cranky waiters whose only task is to bring drinks to the tables. They make it a kind of performance art -- yelling at customers in an over-the-top NY way, for things like talking on your cell phone or sitting too long at your table (when you just sat down 2 seconds ago). Once you get the joke and realize it's just a show it's pretty amusing. Fun way to spend an evening, the Club opens right into the stadium after your meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -