Bar Harbor & Beaches

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 12:43 PM
Norma

Bar Harbor & Beaches

Has anyone stayed at the Primrose Inn in Bar Harbor? Sorry if this is a duplicate.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 01:03 PM
Jennifer

Norma - I have not stayed at the Primrose Inn, but know exactly where it is because my husband and I go to Bar harbor every year. We stay the the Graycote Inn which is just down a nearby side street. The Primrose looks very nice from the outside and I have not heard the Inn oweners at Graycote say anything bad about them or their service (no news is/may be good news). Cute place on one of the main streets, so sometimes you get traffic noise. Jennifer

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 01:40 PM
Norma

Jennifer, Thanks for your input. How do you like the Graycote Inn. Is it reasonably priced? I am now torn between staying in Bar Harbor or Old Orchard Beach. Have you been to Old Orchard?

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 02:03 PM
nancy

Norma,
We vacation in goose Rocks Beach, which is north of Kenneybunkport, but south of Biddeford.
We take the children to Old Orchard Beach for the amusement park.
The area there is very crowded ,motels, neon signs, etc. and not to offend anyone , but very tacky,
Not my idea of a relaxing time in Maine.
I can not compare it to Bar Harbor as it has been over 25 yrs since I was up there.
Good luck and enjoy.

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 10:38 AM
jennifer

Norma - sorry so late getting back to you. have not stayed in Old Orchard, but Graycote is quite reasonable, consiedring you get the best tour info from the owners there possibly could be, and a wonderful BIG breakfast to get you going every day. They have a website that I think is [email protected]. Jennifer