Reload this Page >

Baltimore or Annapolis?

Search

Baltimore or Annapolis?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 08:18 PM
Hoosier

Baltimore or Annapolis?

Our family is going to an Orioles game in July. Most of the hotels in Baltimore seem pricey, but I found a Loews Hotel in Annapolis that was reasonable. Anyone ever stayed there? Is there much to do in Annapolis, or would we be better off staying in Baltimore? Any advice would be appreciated.

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 08:53 PM
victor

If you go to an Orioles game, and spend some time on the inner harbor, that's enough of Baltimore for me. Annapolis is much more quaint, cleaner, and has plenty or restaurants and sightseeing opportunities.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 04:26 AM
Marsha

If you stay in Baltimore, stay in the Inner Harbor only, there's lots to see and do and your kids and family will totally enjoy themselves. Crowds will walk to and from the game/Inner Harbor and it will be quite festive. The only thing is, Baltimore is a CITY and as such you will see, here and there, homeless people, and perhaps feel uncomfortable with the grittier aspects of an urban setting. Annapolis on the other hand, is not a "city" per se and as the other poster says, quaint, lovely, and there is also lots to see and do, just less on the pumped-up side. For example, in the Inner Harbor there's a Hard Rock Cafe, ESPN Sports Zone, etc. In Annapolis, antique shops, restaurants, coffee shops, etc. etc.

With kids, I might tend to stay in Baltimore in an Inner Harbor hotel. As an adult couple, I'd probably choose Annapolis.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 05:58 AM
Bill

I live in Baltimore and work in Annapolis. Both are worth seeing. How much time will you be spending? Just the one night?

Since the game seems to be your focus, stay in Baltimore at one the many hotels within an easy walk to the stadium. As suggested above, hit the Inner Harbor after the game. (If you were staying in Annapolis, you'd be facing a 45-minute drive.)

Baltimore is much more kid-oriented than Annapolis, although Annapolis has the Naval Academy and cruise boat out to the Bay. No problems walking around downtown Baltimore in the daytime or in the Inner Harbor at night.