Reload this Page >

Bacon Mansion in Seattle

Search

Bacon Mansion in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Nikki

Bacon Mansion in Seattle

Has anyone stayed at the Bacon Mansion? I would appreciate any comments. I will be staying in Seattle in Washington and thought this looked like it may be an interesting place to stay.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Diner Joe

No but I did stay at the Bacon Lettuce and Tomato estate in Hidden Valley

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 10:07 AM
oinky

Personally, I like to wallow at the Spam Hotel, the Ham Hostel or the Pork Chalet when I want to kick up my hooves.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Nikki

I guess I should have expected the stupid replies from you cabbage heads.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 10:34 AM
Wendy

Nikki, I haven't stayed here but it looks nice. The location is good, you'll need to take metro or cabs to most downtown locations I would guess.

http://www.baconmansion.com/

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 10:38 AM
John

It's a great location and in a wonderful neighborhood, named a National Historic District. It's walkable from the fun Broadway district (great restaurants, movies, shops etc.) and a block from frequent bus service downtown. Maybe a little pricey and precious but that's B&Bs for you.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Nikki

Wendy & John,

Thanks so much for your replies. I have checked out the web site and I thought it looked nice. I guess I'm going to book a room.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Cynthia

I have some friends who love to stay there. It is a great location with lots of restaurants nearby. If you want a little bit of exercise it is not a long walk to downtown and then catch a bus back up the hill.

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 08:32 PM
michele

I know this is late but I've stayed at the Bacon twice (and for all the posters who think they're being clever with food puns, it's actually pronounced "Bah-kin".) The first stay was in a large room on the lower floor - I think it was the Fountain Room - and I loved this room. The second room was a small attic room, which was fine but not great. I do like the owners and the breakfasts were nice. The location does require a car but you can walk through the lovely neighborhood and walk down to Broadway. There's also a small independent cinema within walking distance. If you've already gone on your trip, hope you enjoyed your stay!!