Bacara Resort and Spa

Search

Bacara Resort and Spa

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2004, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bacara Resort and Spa

Has anyone stayed at this Santa Barbara resort? What did you think of it? Is it worth the money? Thanks for any information.
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 03:03 PM

jeffy,
If you type in Bacara in the search window for California you will come up with several hits that might help answer your questions.
-Bill
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 11:18 AM

Hi, Resort is beautiful, but service is not good at all. They hire local college kids and don't really train them well. I'd suggest the Inn of the Spanish Garden downtown, for a luxurious, small hotel with excellent service, or if you want to be on the beach, you can't go wrong with the Four Season's Biltmore. Excellent atmosphere and old school attention to detail and service there.
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 11:31 AM
hsv

While I cannot comment on the Bacara and will gladly second travdog's advice regarding the Four Seasons Biltmore, I just want to point out that the FS is not exactly on the beach. It is across a road from the beach and the beach is a bit below the hotel, too. Still, it is an extremely nice and well managed property with lovely landscaping and great personal service.
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 11:45 AM

I agree with the Biltmore being beautiful. We had lunch there last week and I toured the property. Amazing.... and very pricey. We would love to stay there next trip. It is actually in Montecito.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Harbor View Inn. Very nice hotel with many amenities that I enjoyed. Right across the street from the beach and a a short walk to Stearn's Wharf. ***kim***