Reload this Page >

B&B Suggestions for southern Maine?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 1998, 10:36 AM
K. Sunner

We are visiting Boston in early September and would like to foray into southern Maine for two or three days. We'd like to find accommodations that are reasonably priced and overlooking the ocean, although price is not the most important consideration. Thanks!

Old Aug 6th, 1998, 05:08 AM
Erin

Go to the Yankee Magazine website: www.newengland.com. They have a B&B listing, and the travel forum right now has lots of info you could use.

Old Aug 6th, 1998, 06:16 AM
stephanie

York Harbor, ME is about the southern most town in ME. It is a charming historic town with a B & B called the York Harbor Inn. We didn't stay there (we stayed at the Stage Neck Inn which is a charming small hotel - no breakfast included - right on the water.) The York Harbor Inn is just a little way up the road from where we stayed, not right on the water, but water views from some rooms I hear. We ate a very good lunch there and walked around the lobby and grounds - very charming from the outside. I believe the rooms are around $100-145/nt. It's rated 3 stars by AAA. The Stage Neck Inn is rated 4 stars and is about $200/nt. and has a great breakfast buffet - though not included in price.

Old Aug 7th, 1998, 03:12 AM
Donna F

We enjoyed to Sundial Inn in Kennebunk or Kennebunkport. Ocean is across the street. I enjoyed the large livingroom and early coffee since I'm an early riser. We went in October and it was still beautiful and nicer because the crowds were gone.

Old Oct 3rd, 1998, 08:46 PM
K.Sunner

Hi: Just returned from The Cliff House in Ogunquit, Maine. It was wonderful as was the food. We had the Yankee Catch Package, 2 nites, Fri and Sat which included 2 full breakfasts and one dinner, including lobster. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
[email protected]

Old Dec 5th, 1998, 04:22 AM
Kristin

If you are considering K-port in the future try our corner of the world. Website www.tidesinnbythesea.com

Old Dec 5th, 1998, 05:17 AM
Joanne

I have a condo in Cape May, NJ that I rent out through "www.vrbo.com". I'm sure they have listings in the Boston and Maine area. There are other vacation rental webs you might want to check out. Good luck.