AVENUE GARDEN HOTEL

Sep 2nd, 2004, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

AVENUE GARDEN HOTEL

Has anyone ever stayed at this Hotel and if so how was it and is this a good location?? Thanks
Sep 2nd, 2004, 04:58 PM

What city is this hotel in??
Sep 4th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Sorry, it is in New Orleans!
Sep 4th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Dan

This really isn't a hotel but rather a B&B. It's on St. Charles at Martin Luther King. I know absolutely zero about the place itself but I've eaten at Voodoo Barbecue next door and parked in front a couple of times! Tripadvisor reports are generally good but I'm not sure why you'd choose the location. It's not Garden District but rather a commercial stretch of St. Charles between the Central Business District and the GD. Odd location, kinda.
Sep 4th, 2004, 02:51 PM

Hi

I've stayed at this hotel, mostly because I was in transit in New Orleans and wanted a hotel relatively close to the bus/train station. The rooms were perfectly comfortable, the price was right and the staff was quite friendly. There's Internet access in the lobby and a central courtyard. As far as ease of exploring sights from here (Lower Garden District), I can't comment too much, although I did see the Charles St. Streetcar, so it could be OK.

DAN
Sep 5th, 2004, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

Thanks this is our first time to NO and we are trying to find a nice, not too pricey, where we are close to the ST. Charles street car.
Sep 18th, 2004, 06:09 PM

Toler, I might be too late but I just saw your question. I think if you are wanting to be on the streetcar line, this is a very good location. You go out the front door and hop on. This hotel is at the beginning of St Charles Ave where the Garden District begins. And mostly, the price is downright cheap. They have an internet special right now for $60 a night if you book thru the hotel's website. I just checked Tripadvisor and the place gets glowing reviews from former customers. I am thinking of staying there next weekend myself.

Search this Thread