Reload this Page >

Aussies in Alaska-late May 2001?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 03:01 PM
Pam Clydesdale

My husband and I are from Australia and are planning a trip to Canada/ Inside Passage/ Alaska in Late May 2001. Will the weather be suitable for comfortable travel. We will possibly be on an organised tour, doing a loop Anchorage, Denali, Fairbanks, and south. Once back in Vancouver we hope to do the Rocky Mountains loop (rent a car)then fly to Toronto and rent a car to explore that area and into US - Boston and New York. Any advice, hints and weather predictions gratefully accepted.

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 10:24 PM
John

Pam, you ought to be okay - the weather can be unpredictable, and the areas you mention encompass several distinct climate zones, but the end of May is - usually - late enough so that cold weather ought not to be a factor. Wet weather, now that's another matter...

Pretty ambitious agenda. How long are you going to be in N. America?

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 02:31 AM
Donna Lord

Dear Pam,
we too are planning a similar trip in July. We are going to Vancouver first to do an Inside Passage cruise to Alaska and will spend some time in Vancouver before and after the cruise. We will be hiring a car for a couple of weeks to see British Columbia and Alberta. I have been emailing people in Vancouver and Ontario and have picked up a lot of tips. We have been to the USA twice before and last time did the east coast,Florida, New Orleans etc. We stayed in New York for 5 nights and flew to Buffalo and thne drove over the border into the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. How are you doing the Inside Passage? We live in Melbourne.
Feel free to email me about New York and Niagara Falls. It is well worth the trip.
Donna

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 08:09 PM
Beryl

Pam - we did something similar this year - from mid-June. Any info you would like feel free to email me.

Old Nov 11th, 2000, 09:47 PM
Elizabeth

Pam:

Stop in Seattle and Victoria. They're both "on the way." The weather in June in Alaska can be sunny and cool or wet and cool. Dress in layers. However, Toronto and the US East Coast are hot and humid for the most part during June. If you want any more info, please feel free to email me. I live in Seattle and went on a couple of Alaskan cruises - the state is breathtakingly beautiful!

Old Nov 17th, 2000, 12:29 AM
marg

We're also looking at Alaska for next year - everyone we know who has been raves about the trip.
Have you got time to get to Quebec? We went there two years ago and absolutely fell in love with it.