ATTN: Travel agents and Travel experts

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 11:09 AM
Mel

ATTN: Travel agents and Travel experts

My email is attached for any and all who would prefer to respond to this by that method. Thank you to all who take the time to respond to this.

Our family is looking into a vacation around Xmas time. We are very interested in sunny weather (I know, who isn't) locations during this trip. We've never done a "all-inclusive" vacation but have heard that is the way to go. We have 2 teens (15 and 12) and we are looking for a place that has a great beach, pool(s) with waterslides, kids activities and doesn't have certain restrictions when it comes to the food and drink portion. Reason I mentioned that is we have seen some places that say you must eat your meals in this place only and/or give you a $50 drink credit each day. We are open to all areas that are sunny. Have looked at Mexico, Aruba, Caribbean, and even Tahiti so far. If someone out there has the knack for finding the right deals (travel agents) feel free to email me. We do not have a specific person we are working with and would gladly work with someone who has our best interest in mind. As like most people, we want to save money. (who doesn't) If you have other ideas we would welcome them too. Thanks again to all. Have a pleasant and safe holiday

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 11:35 AM
x

xx

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 11:35 AM
boots

Our family (with kids of similar ages) was looking for a place like that too and from perusing the forum, I decided on Cozumel's Allegro resort. We haven't been there yet (we're still saving up!) but it was all inclusive, reasonable, great beach and best of all, had a good (and active) teen programs. I've seen good deals for this place too. Good luck!

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 07:31 AM
Dave

I

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 06:21 AM
J>A

Topper

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 06:24 AM
xx

No wonder travel agents lurk around this site, it's because of people like Mel who can't do their homework and expect everyone to do it for them. Be prepared to be innudated with all kinds of offers from travel agents Mel. You asked for it pal!

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 06:40 AM
What

I can't imagine any serious traveler telling anyone to do an all inclusive package. YUK!!! The more restrictions the less to discover. Go to Hawaii (Kauai,BI and Oahu are my favs)(do your own research as above post suggests) but rent a condo, bid for your tickets and eat out in kagillian different restaurants or come home and sear up scrumptious red red ahi, YUM! Is it lunch time yet no ahi here in NYC for me today.

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 08:32 AM
Agree

I agree with What and xxx, the problem with all-inclusives is that you are tied down to one place, and the food may be mediocre at best. You lose the ability to go out and explore the area and eat at different ethnic restuarants. All-inlcusives are for lazy people....

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 08:50 AM
chuck

Sorry, I can't agree with Agree and What in saying that *all-inclusives are for lazy people* or otherwise *beneath* a true traveler. I don't prefer all-inclusives most of the time, as they are somewhat confining. However, they can be a valid choice for someone wanting to relax, spend quality time together and abstain from any kind of pressure. Travel is a great way to broaden one's horizons and gather up great experiences, but it can also legitimately be a more relaxed setting for reconnecting with loved ones.

Mel, good luck finding some expert help.