Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

ATTENTION: XGLOB.com is another website by Woogo

Old Mar 27th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

It seems that Raziel (Raz) Ofer is trying everything as he realized that he's reaching his end, after all authorities in the USA and Israel are after him.
The new website: xglob.com, is a new website by Woogo.com, which offers you a 10% discount and even lower prices than Expedia,Hotels.com prices. Of course It's illegal for Mr. Ofer to do so, because he must give the lowest prices to Expedia, but here he tries to tempt potential expedia clients illegaly.
Now what's the reason behind that? A couple of months ago, the Call Center manager of Woogo resigned, it was followed also by the resigning of the Revenue Management manager, and all the shift managers and the customrecare team, so Woogo now relies 99% on Agent bookings, and since Woogo pays an average of 30% commission for each booking, it loses money. Since there are no people to operate the call center and it's about to be closed, Woogo opened this website in order to tempt potential Expedia and Hotels.com clients. I wonder what Expedia and Hotels.com would do when they hear about it.
here is the WHOIS information:
Registrant:
world acomodation LLC
1 central park W new york
new york, New York 10023
United States
Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: XGLOB.COM
Created on: 14-Mar-07
Expires on: 14-Mar-08
Last Updated on:
Administrative Contact:
sysadmin, sysadmin [email protected]
world acomodation LLC
1 centarl park w new york
new york, New York 10023
United States
Technical Contact:
sysadmin, sysadmin [email protected]
world acomodation LLC
1 centarl park w new york
new york, New York 10023
United States
Domain servers in listed order:
NS2.RACKSPACE.COM
NS.RACKSPACE.COM
Rackspace also host Woogo.com website, and you can notice the same orange color like in the woogo website. In addition the registered address is for the Trump Intl. where Woogo owns one apartment , which it sells on its website.
Avoid xglob.com, and of course woogo.com
Please spread the word.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 11:03 AM
GoTravel

Thanks for the posting and ttt.

Old Mar 29th, 2007, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

You're welcome.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 05:28 AM

Broknagr:

what is your interest, financial or otherwise, in spreading this information?
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 05:42 AM
GoTravel

Dukey, I think borkragr is Kelly who's family had a horrible experience with WooGo last year and has almost single handedly brought this company down.

Old Apr 16th, 2007, 05:07 AM
Original Poster

Look what they put now on their website:
"Xglob.com Reached Its Target Of 200,000 Bookings In The First 3 Months Of Operation."
It's interesting that it "achieve" its fake target (no one believes this bullshit of course). But how come in 3 months, while the website isn't even 1 month old?! Did they charge 2 months before that some credit cards of previous Woogo clients?
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 06:20 AM

Thanks for your diligence in exposing this website owner for the fraud he is.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 06:28 AM

I guess I'm really confused as to what this new xglob website has to do with the apartments rented illegally by Woogo.

The way I understand it is that you go to orbitz or expedia or whomever and get a quote. Then you bring that quote back to xglob and they get you the same hotel for 10% less.

This is for any hotel, right? Not just his own "hotels"???

But the "testimonials" on the xglob site are particularly amusing. All of them sound like they were writen by the same person, and when several say things like "I always use xglob" and that testimonial appeared on the brand new website of a brand new company, how real is that?
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

It's not real testimonials but artificial ones. As I proved before, the website is less than one month old and claim it reached 200,000 bookings in 3 months.... Raziel (Raz) Ofer had always a wild imagination. He still believes he knows the best way to market properties on the net, LOL
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 07:18 AM

"It's not real testimonials but artificial ones."

Yes, of course, that was my point!

But did you read my question/comment about the discount bookings? Care to comment how booking other hotels fits his pattern or what it has to do with marketing his own properties? Not being confrontational, I'm just curious what this site has to do with the other. I mean it isn't booking some illegal apartment buidling as a hotel. If you book a Marriott or Hyatt with XGLOB you get a 10% discount below Expedia. What's that all about?
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

It can't book you other properties than Woogo's properties. The whole scam is to make you give them your credit card details, they charge you and you have no booking. If it was for real, then Expedia and Orbitz would have disappeared. And another point, Xglob can't control inventory of other hotels, hence , it can't really sell them!!! What it can do in theory, is to offer 10% off of its properties(Woogo), because then it would earn more than to sell it through expedia and give expedia their 30% commission.
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 06:32 AM

Wow. So you're saying the entire concept of the site, showing hundreds of hotels that if you book on Expedia you can come back there and book at 10% less is totally false? They do not actually book any of those hotels -- just their own?

I guess what I don't get is that I could enter a hotel offer from Expedia in my hometown, and they will supposedly beat it. But Woogo doesn't have any properties in my home town -- or 99% of all other cities or towns. Why on earth would they set up a site and pretend to do that?
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 06:42 AM

OK. So I just got an offer from Expedia for $149 a night for a Miami hotel. I enter the information at XGLOB and they returned with an offer for $135 a night. You're saying that if I went ahead and filled out the form with CC details, they'd simply take the money and not make a reservation there? And they HAVE done that, and the authorities can't stop them?
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 06:45 AM

$10,000???

I can "win" $10,000 if they don't save me 10% on a hotel room? What a deal!

NOT!

(Also like the punctuation on the contact page - or lack thereof)
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 06:54 AM

This is too funny. So I went to the XGLB site and entered that I had a quote for a specific hotel for $59 a night from Expedia. The lowest price from Expedia is actually $239 a night. Immediately XGLB came back and offered me the room at $54 a night. It's pretty clear that after I enter my CC details, I'm NOT getting that room at that price?
Of course, I didn't read all their conditions of sale, but I'm sure they've filled it with loopholes to "protect" themselves.
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

Neo-Patrick, as you see I was right.
Regarding your question, the website built because Woogo has severe problems with the cash-flow of the company. Since they rely 99% on Expedia bookings they get the money from them only once a month. Your example with the 59$ a night just proved the whole scam. They will "always" give you the discount, you will give them the c.c. details, and you have no booking, unless it's a Woogo property, and as we know at the moment Woogo has only few properties in New York. People must ignore the "positive" testimonials and feedbacks that Woogo/Xglob try to spread around the internet. By the way, if you looked in one of the pages of Xglob website, it mentions the "VP of Xglob", Ofer Helfman. Ofer Helfman is actually the operation manager of Woogo in New York.
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 11:48 AM

Is this topic still active? I have a problem caused by Xglob and WooGo at this point in time, and now asking them to solve it. Actually I’m now going to have a family trip to NYC from Japan, and will stay at two hotels I reserved through Xglob. Room charges for the hotels have already been withdrawn from my bank account before our trip starts. Then the problem happened. Actually it’s double charge for one of the two hotels. Without knowing the fact Xglob and WooGo are the same, I booked a room at WooGo’s property after checking Expedia.com. Although I didn’t know about Xglob, I trusted it because I saw an ad on the Yahoo travel. Anyway, they returned to me with discount rate. After that, the room charge offered by them was charged to my credit card on April 20. Almost one month later, Xglob emailed me saying “On your credit card billing the charges will show as The Caribbean Sunset Resort.” Sure, there was the name on my credit card statement. Two weeks later, actually on June 8th, WooGo emailed me directly and said the same thing. At that time, I didn’t take the mail seriously. When I saw a new credit card statement issued in the end of June, I was surprised. Almost the same amount (not the same as the offer by Xglob) was charged to my credit card by Caribbean Sunset on June 7th, one day before the email by WooGo was sent to me. Then, I made a call to Xglob to claim and fix the problem. At that time, automatic announcements told me they are WooGo. So I totally understand they are the same. On the phone, I complained the double charge, but a representative asked me to call again 15 minutes later while saying that there was no body responsible for such issue because a right person was in a meeting. So I called Xglob several times, but every person I talked said the same excuse. Then I emailed to Xglob. I got response shortly and the email from Xglob said “according to our records, the only payment that was taken from your account is the one on June 7th”. Unbelievable! I scanned my credit card statements and sent them to Xglob. On July 8th, their reply said “We transferred everything to our finance department. They are going to contact you soon with a reply.” After that, I have no response from their finance department. What will happen next? In terms of another hotel I reserved through Xglob, it’s not a property of WooGo. I directly confirmed my reservation and a record of “prepaid” through a travel agent with the hotel. No problem at all for this reservation. Anyway, our trip will start soon. I really hope they are not bad guys and will refund to me. But they seem not to respond to me shortly. In that case, I expect to talk to them directly when I stay at their property. I will report to you after our trip finishes early August.
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 12:53 PM

Put this in the hands of your CC company. Write them a letter explaining exactly what you have explained here and saying in these exact words "I am disputing charge #___ on (date), because it is a duplicate of charge #___ (date). Perhaps you should put it in outline form with bulleted lines to make it clear, concise and easy to read.

I just had an erroneous hotel bill on my statement and they credited me 100% of the charge, but left no clue to me as to whether they received reimbursement from the hotel. They might have just taken the loss.
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 01:04 PM

Yes, the credit card company will receive reimbursement from the hotel. In addition, the hotel will be hit with a chargeback fee, which may be as much as $150.
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 01:17 PM

And I suspect if you call the hotel directly, you will find out that you have no reservation at all, no matter what has been charged to your card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO